7 Levi

I look behind me and see that she gets it. The way she moves is more fluid and natural than how she usually moves. I stop and wait for her. I don't have to wait long.

"Finally."

Despite my slightly negative attitude, her eyes are shining.

"It's time to go back. Do whatever you want to prepare for your assessment tomorrow." It's barely been three hours, but I think she's ready for the assessment.

"Thank you, sir."

We start back, going very quickly. When we've put the maneuver gear away, she walks to her dormitory for some much-needed sleep.

I go to my office. The papers Commander Erwin gave us are sitting on my desk. I sit down in front of the desk. I pick up a pen and hold it over the paper.

So it's really confusing to write about this time period. It's about 2000 years ago, but they have the technology to compress gas and manufacture maneuver gear (not to mention those walls). Yet they don't have cars, computers, printers, and quite possibly plastic. Is this form printed out or handwritten? Is the pen Levi is using one you have to dip into ink or one of the clicky type? These are the questions that trouble a writer like yours truly.

Now that I've explained somewhat, I'm going to say the form is typed (typewriter!!!!) and the pen is the clicky kind. Thanks for understanding. ;D

Name:_________________________________

Captain Levi Ackerman

Age:_______

N/A

Subject of this form:________________________________

Cadet Ecynya Guiin

Age:_______

16

Gender:_______

female

Yeah so I read somewhere that Levi doesn't know his birthday. Also, no one in the whole world knows how old he is except that he's over thirty or something. That's way too old and kind of illegal for my purposes so he'll be kind of twenty ish. Like twenty-five. Is that too old? Still illegal... NOT BACK THEN.

On a scale from one to ten, ten being the most skilled soldier and one being an untrained cadet, how skilled is this person? _______

My pen hovers over the paper. This is practically the same question as the one Genta asked me. Then, I couldn't decide whether she was a five, six, or seven. On this scale, she's either a six or seven.

6/7

Does this person have any specific strengths?

Again, I hesitate. I start to write,

Quick learner, fast,

but I cross it out.

Fast thinker, strong, respectful,

I cross out respectful. That's not the kind of strength it's asking for.

I skip to the next question.

Where do you think this person would best be placed withing the ranks of the Scouting Legion?

With one of the squads containing soldiers more skilled than most.

In your opinion, does this person require aditional training following his or her individual assessment with the Commander? If so, explain how much.

No.

I cross my answer out.

Yes, she requires

I cross the words out again and write,

No, though not much experience in different weathers and terrains.

Why does this take so much of my thought? It's not hard.

But I can't concentrate.

I sigh and put the pen down. I stand, shoving the chair back with my knees. I walk through the doorway into my room. I take a few steps aimlessly. I inspect the floor, but it's spotless, as is the rest of my room. I feel the urge to clean something.

***

Two more rooms are clean when I finally come back to my room. I've thought over the questions I skipped.

Seven

Quick learner, adept, fast thinker

List any weaknesses percieved during training.

Afraid of being left alone/abandoned

Does this person posess any leadership qualities? If so, list them.

Fast thinker/good at making decisions quickly, conversational, respectful when necessary

Does this person have any limiting qualities?

Height, but only if she lets it limit her capabilities.

List any previous encounters with titans that you are aware of.

Lived in Shiganshina District, father killed defending it.

And the final question reads,

Would this person survive an expedition past Wall Rose into titan territory?
Yes [ ]
No [ ]

I check the box next to "yes."

I look over my answers one last time. The crossed-out words and overall messiness disturbs me. That is what the second paper is for. I transfer all the answers to the second form I was given. Then I fold the original messy one in half, and then in half again. I put it in the trash can.

I sign the line at the bottom and then leave the paper on my desk.

Wow. That was so hard. For ME. I created Ecyn and it was hard. I still don't know if she's a six or seven. What do you think? Tell me! :D