15 Levi

She comes only a few minutes after I got out here. She stands a few feet in front of me. I can see her outline by the moonlight and the light from the buildings.

"You're going to practice fighting until you succeed in punching me."

"Yes, sir." I can hear the slightly tired tone in her voice. "Will we be using the knife?"

"No." I wait for her to move. She starts clumsily towards me and I block the punch I could see coming a mile away. Right hand, feet in the correct position; it was obvious. I land a light punch in her stomach. It wasn't very light, just a little. "Don't leave any part of yourself vulnerable."

A few more minutes of useless practice pass. I know two ways to fight: the way the military teaches you, and the way the streets teach you. The military way is formal and uniform while the street way is dirty.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the military isn't working. She has to learn to fight dirty.

"Stop." I step back. She's breathing hard. "You're acting like an idiot who doesn't know how to fight."

"I am an idiot who doesn't know how to fight, sir." This takes me by surprise. People don't normally cut themselves down.

"No. You know how to fight, you're just horrible at it."

"I know, sir."

"Apparently you don't. Punch my hand as hard as you can." I hold up my hand. I tense my arm for the impact. When it comes, I lift my arm and her momentum propels her forward. Her stomach decides to slam into my knee. She makes the sound people make when all the air leaves their lungs and coughs. "Stop fighting nice." I make sure she's recovered a little. "Try to kill me."

I told her that before. That time, she looked shocked and confused. Now, she looks the same.

"Fight with your emotion. Fight to kill."

She hesitates.

"Because if you don't, I'll kill you." I take a fast step toward her and kick her foot, throwing her off balance. A shove sends her to the ground and I kick her in the side. Maybe she thinks I'm going to let her get up. I won, now we start again.

But she's wrong. I kick her again. "Get up. Get up and fight."

She scrambles to her feet and approaches me first this time. I block all of her blows and slam my fist into her sternum. She backs away, coughing, and I advance. She ends up on the ground again. I kick her once before she gets up and we keep going.

After a few more minutes, she pulls away and stumbles backwards. "Sir... I'm sorry... I need to... take a break." She leans over gasping for air.

I give her one second. "Your opponent will not give you mercy." I grab her by the jacket and pull her upright. She tries to punch me at this close range, but I block it with one hand. Then she knees me in the stomach and her fist touches my shoulder.

I release her. "Same thing tomorrow night." Then I turn and start to walk away.

I hear a heavy sound like something falling and turn back around to see her laying on the ground.

I walk to her. "Guiin." She doesn't respond. Is she actually asleep? I pull her up by her arms but she still doesn't wake up. With a sigh, I lift her up. I will kill myself if anyone sees me. It's already late and I'm just bringing her to her room. Ackerman had better not be in there.

She is. Her eyes widen and she opens her mouth, but I silence her with a fierce glare. I keep shooting her glares as I lay Guiin on her bed.

I start to walk away, but then notice the straps on her. People have been known to strangle themselves in their sleep. Only one person. Around ten years ago when they had different clasps for them.

"Take her straps off if you don't want her to die in her sleep." I walk out after shooting one more glare at her.

Awwww. Ecyn was so tired. Will she get sick again? Will she miss the expedition? Is she really the fifth person?

There is my first attempt at drawing Levi. It's not super great but it kind of looks like him I guess. It's from the first episode that Levi was in.