19 Levi

If anything, I'm curious to see how well she'll do as a captain. Until she actually gets a squad of her own, she's going to stay in the same room as Ackerman. I have to train her to be a captain.

I was probably the one who actually convinced the commander to promote her. If I had said "no," he wouldn't have. The reason I said "yes" was that I knew she could do more, could be more. She wants to help humanity as best she can, so I let her.

***

Commander Erwin makes the announcement at dinner. The people she's sitting with, my squad, smile at her and congratulate her.

After dinner, the commander calls me to his office.

"Come in," he says after I knock. I walk in and close the door behind me. "I just wanted to tell you that one of the Scouts found a horse wandering in the forest and I recognized it as Genta's. I want you to take it back in two days, after Guiin's Captain Party."

A Captain Party is just a small party thrown for a new captain. Only the captains in the Scouting Legion attend, along with Commander Erwin. Then they just celebrate. It's a new practice, so I didn't get one, but I'm glad I didn't. They make you do some initiation test thing.

No, not Divergent. You'll see.

It's odd that Genta's horse ran away. It would usually return to its home or stay near it. Maybe it's getting old or something.

"Alright."

"That's all. Just don't stay too long there. You're needed here."

"Of course." I turn and walk out.

***

I'm so sorry! It took me like three days just to write this and it's so bad! I just keep needing to get to Ecyn's POV and Levi is in the way so I babble for a couple hundred words and call it a part of a chapter. Well it's not babbling. It's relevant to the plot. But still. Maybe I'll publish two parts for you guys... Do you want that? Another part today? It would be five parts in four days rather than in five...

Thanks for reading!