30 - Stand By You

She couldn't complete pointing finger at Nandini's character when all heard a loud roar.........

" ENOUGH "

They turned and saw Manik standing with red bloodshot eyes.........

He came towards them like a lion and Madhumati and Rohit gulped nervously getting scared seeing him.........

Manik : On more word against her and I will dig your grave right here right now without caring who the hell you are.....and mind you no body I repeat nobody can stop me to do what I want.........and for your kind information the man in the pictures is me and it is our farmhouse , our friends were present there and Nandini was not well yesterday so we all thought not to return at night .........and now if you had any other doubt ask them........but without pointing any finger at her otherwise you will be dead the next second and I don't care about the consequences.....

He said furiously..........

Mad : Gaurav see how your son in law is talking to me ........Is this the way to talk to elders.........

She said to Gaurav and all looked at her in disbelief.........

Gaurav : Enough Jiji.......Bohot hogaya......You have said enough for my daughter........ now Kindly leave to your room now before I say something to you which I might regret later........

He said controlling his anger.........

Mad : But........

Gaurav : Leave now........

He shouted losing his patience.........

They left.........

Manik : Thank you Dad for taking Nandini's side atleast now........

He said and taking Nandini's hand he took her to her room........

All looked at them..........

Gaurav : Gauri start the preparations now the Haldi also came , Nandini will come down in sometime........

He said and went to his room.........

Then all started doing their works.......
_______________________________

Nandini's Room

Manan were in Nandini's room and Manik was consoling her...........

Manik : Bas Bas Meri Jaan , why are you minding her words ......you know her nature na.......Please don't waste these precious tears for that woman.........

He said.........

Nandini : But How can she say something about a girl's character she is also a women right then won't she feel bad when someone else say something like this for her.........

She said after wiping her tears.......

Manik : Don't think about those who don't have any value in your life Nandini .......just care about those who genuinely have any value in your life........

He said and she nodded.........

Manik : You always have complaints na that your Dad didn't took your side ever then see today he stood by your side.........

He said trying to mend the gap between the father and daughter and she just stared at him.........

Nandini : No , he didn't took my side.........He took our side Manik , he took your side ......because your name was also involved in this........If he wanted to speak for me then he would have spoke long back before you........

She said blankly........

Manik : But........

He tried again.........

Nandini : Please Manik........I know last night I have told you everything about myself, I remembered it.......But please don't force me to talk to him Manik..........please I request..........

She said and left his hand and stood near her room window.......He sighed.......

Manik : Okay no problem ........I won't talk again.........

He said and turned her towards himself..........

She nodded ........

His gaze then fell on something..........

Manik : Oh my god.........Are you preparing for UPSC Nandini........

He said shocking as he saw her study table which is filled with books............

She looked at him and slowly nodded.........

Nandini : Its my dream which I left for him , but from the last two years I am preparing for it I hope I will get selected this year....... Don't you have any problem with that.......

She asked slowly thinking that usually mens don't want their wives to work on high posts comparing to them........

He frowned hearing this........

Manik : Why would I have any problem with this..........Infact this is the thing to be proud of ........It will so good to hear this na when people call me See he is IAS Nandini Murthy Malhotra's husband..........I am so excited from now only .......

He said excitedly and she looked at him lovingly as he called her name with proud.........

She just kissed his cheek overwhelmingly.........

Manik : What was that for ?

He asked surprisingly..........

Nandini : Thank you.........Thank you for supporting my dream.......Thank you for supporting me........

She said looking straight into his eyes.........he smiled........

Manik : Pleasure is all mine Meri Jaan.......

He said and she smiled shyly as he kissed her cheeks.........

They were disturbed by a knock.........