13 - The Papers

Manik knocked the door of Gaurav's room who was busy in doing some paper works regarding the wedding......

Gaurav : Come Manik.....

He said and kept the paper's at a side.......

Manik smiled at him and got inside the room.......

He sat beside him on the bed........

Gaurav : Hmm tell me .......Is there any problem.......

He asked as he saw Manik a little hesitant.......

Manik : Umm .... Actually Dad .......Don't feel bad But I wanted to ask ......When you both will be shifting there .......voh I was thinking why don't we do the wedding functions in Malhotra Mansion only........

He asked hesitantly as he thought Gaurav shouldn't feel bad thinking that he is forcing them to leave their home.......

Gaurav : you don't have to worry about that beta also You don't need to feel hesitant to ask anything Manik........and Yeah I was thinking we should shift after the marriage only as the guests will also started leaving and there is also a ritual Pagphera ........ so we will come after Pagphera.......

He said and Manik nodded understanding.........

Manik : Okay Dad whenever you will feel right......

He smiled saying this then they talk for some more time for when Gaurav asked....

Gaurav : Umm....Manik voh Daksh was telling that you have a sister......then won't she be coming at the wedding.......

Hearing this Manik's expressions changed......

Manik : Umm......no Dad they have something important so they couldn't come........But don't worry they will come after the wedding.........

He assured him after composing himself .......noticing the off mood of Manik , Gaurav also didn't forced him much to speak.......

Gaurav : Acha Manik take these papers......they are a small gift from a father for his daughter's marriage......

He said forwarding the papers to Manik who frowned.......

But reading them his expressions changed.......he said seriously.........

Manik : No Dad I can't except dowry........the property is Nandini's right and I don't want to snatch her right.......

He said reading the property papers.........It was the property on Gaurav's Name which he transferred on Manik's name........

Gaurav: Ohh Manik.......don't worry for that........Nandini won't mind about that........Aur Vaise bhi Shaadi ke baad jo bhi wife ka hota hai voh uske husband ka hi hota hai ......

He said trying to convince Manik.......but he didn't buldge from his decision......

Manik : No Dad.......though I believe that after the marriage her everything will be mine but with that my everything will be her's also........ But I can't accept this dowry......I don't want anything else from you .......You are giving me your daughter that is enough for me......... Hamari society log apna Khana tak doosre ke saath nahi share karte aise mein jab parents apna child kisi aur ko saup de toh unse aur kya maang sakta hoon mai........

He said joining his hands........

Gaurav looked at the man infront of him in proud........

He held Manik's hand and kept them down........

Gaurav : No no Manik don't do this........Acha don't accept this as dowry but take this as you wedding gift from a father.......

He said smiling.......and Manik sighed........

Manik : Okay, though we don't need those properties but if you want to give it to me then I will take this but only if you will transfer those property on Nandini's name instead of mine.......

He said and smiled.........Gaurav nodded convinced at last.........

Manik : Acha Dad actually we all are going to watch a movie........So I just came to ask your permission to take Nandini with me though we all are going together but don't worry I 'll drop her safely at home.......

He asked and Gaurav nodded........

Manik smiled and left from there.......