40 - Family Issues

Anjali's room

Manik knocked the door of Anjali's room........

Ishaan opened it........

Manik : Ishaan I want to talk to her something important..........

He said without beating around the bush........

Ishaan : Yeah sure Manik.........you go I am downstairs.........

He smiled and went from there giving brother – sister the privacy........

Manik entered the room and saw Anjali in the room engrossed in her phone..........

Manik : Anjali ..........

Anjali : Manik you here......

She looked at him frowning.........

Manik : I have to talk regarding something important.........

She nodded and he sat beside her........

Manik : Anjali........I am talking about Nandini's parents ........I see them as our parents and respect them a lot just like our parents.........You are my sister and I want you to give them the same respect.......Look we are siblings we might not agree on the same thing but that shouldn't affect our relation.........I am your brother and its my responsibility to take care of you , and also to make you understand what is right and what is wrong........Try to trust me Sheetal is not a true friend , she is just using you and your friendship for her selfish motives..........

He tried to explain to her ......at first she was just listening to him calmly but as he uttered Sheetal's name she got angry........

Anjali : She is my friend Manik , she was with me when I needed a friend the most then how can I leave her when she need my help in getting what she wanted..........

She said and he fumed hearing her stubbornness...........

Anjali : Anyways just leave all this........This matter will only increase the arguments between us.....so just come to the point .......why are you here........

She asked straightly.........

He stood thinking she won't going to understand him so he decided to do what he came here for.........

Manik : Hmm........From tomorrow Mom and Dad that means Nandini's parents are going to live with us forever........and I don't want any drama from your and your so called friend's side.......I don't want you both to disrespect them.......and if anything like this happens then you have to face me..........

He said sternly .......she looked at him shocked..........

Anjali : Living here forever means...... Don't you know Manik girl's parents can't live with her after marriage.........it is not possible........

She stood saying this.........

Manik : Why not Anjali......why can't a girl live with her parents after marriage if a boy can........Just think while putting yourself in her shoes......didn't you wanted to live with our parents if they would be with us.......and now if God is giving us a chance to live with Nandini's parents and get their love so why are you not understanding........

He said though he don't wanted to remind her about their parents as she got emotional by remembering them but he can't do anything else to make her realize.........

She looked at him with moist eyes.......

Anjali : I know Manik we have difference in our thinking but that doesn't mean that I am heartless.......I am not that insensitive Manik that I will disrespect the elders.......I have no problem whoever you are going to bring in your house I promise I won't disrespect them but that doesn't mean I am going to accept you wife happily.......I am still not happy with your marriage.........

She said and went from there........

Manik sighed dejectedly thinking why can't she understand that Nandini is perfect for him , he can't even live without her.......

Taking deep breaths he left the room after making his mood better for Nandini..........
____________________________

Manan's Room

Coming in their room he saw her still busy in seeing the place he chuckled and went in the closet room to pack their outfits for the evening reception party as after the pagphera they will directly go to the reception venue from Gupta house and return tomorrow morning with Nandini's parents.........

Hearing the voice of the door Nandini came in the closet room to see him packing..........

Nandini : When you came back......

She said and helped him with packing as they have planned everything earlier.......

Manik : Just now.........

He said and she noticed the difference in his voice.......

Nandini : What happened Manik are you Okay ........

Manik : Umm yeah I am fine.........

He said and she understood that he don't want to talk about that.......she also didn't forced him much.......just went to him and hugged him........

Nandini : Don't worry .......what ever the problem is It will solve soon and everything will be alright........

She said with a smile and he looked at her behaving like him.........

Changing the topic he thought to tease her.........

Manik : What is it wifey......you are showering so much love on me.......

He said with a mischievious smile hugging her tight......she looked at him open mouth seeing his mood changing in a jet speed.......

Seeing her like that he pecked her lips which resulting her to come back to her senses and she looked down shyly........

Manik : So the shy Nandini is back.........

He said and she chuckled hiding her face in his chest and sighing that finally his mood got changed.........

Nandini : Umm Manik I forgot something.........

She said breaking the hug.......

Manik : What ?

He frowned......

Nandini : Wait I am coming........

She went inside the room and came back with the Jwellery boxes........

Nandini : Where should I keep them........

Manik : Ohh yeah I forgot to show you the locker......

He said then going towards a closet he opened it and showed it to her........

Manik : The pin is 763892 ......whatever you want you can take it as well as keep it here......also some important files are here ......so please don't share the pin with anyone.......

He said and she looked at him........

Nandini : Why you told me the pin then Manik........it must be confidential right........

She said.......

Manik : Because from now it is all yours......you have to look after it .....and don't compare yourself with anyone else ........because you are my everything.........hmm

He said and she nodded looking at the man who has so much trust in her , and she vowed to never broke it........

Manik : Now keep them fast and lock it.......

He said and she nodded......

Manik : Chalo now lets do the rest of the packing fast......we need to leave early.......then only we will be able to reach there till lunch.......

She nodded and both started their packing..........

After sometime they left Malhotra Mansion bidding bye to everyone and saying them to reach the reception venue early........