31 - Haldi Ceremony

" Manik "

They heard Gaurav's voice from outside.........

Gaurav came to Nandini's room after talking to Madhumati and explaining them to not utter such nonsense for Nandini again........

Manik : Nandini ........ see he came to talk to you......... don't say anything to him rudely okay.......please for me.........

He said and she nodded silently.........

Then he went to open the door.......

He called Gaurav inside polietely.......

He then left both the Father daughter alone and went downstairs.........

Gaurav : Don't mind Jiji's words Nandini.......she is like that only ......I know its not appropriate to talk point finger at someone's character.....and I am not justifying for her actions ........but forgive her .........I have talked to her , she won't say anything to you from now onwards.........

She looked at him surprised and nodded.........

Gaurav : And come downstairs , everything is ready..........

Nandini : Thankyou

She said and he looked at her and smiling lightly he left the room and she also left downstairs after sometime...........
______________________________

Nandini was sitting in the centre of the garden and around her the the small mandap type arrangement was organized

Tu nazm nazm sa mere
Honthon pe thehar ja
Main khwab khwab sa teri
Aankhon mein jaagun re

Manik looked at her excited face as her face showed the happiness on sitting on the couch decorated with flowers......

Tu ishq ishq sa mere
Rooh mein aake bas ja
Jis aur teri shehnaai
Uss ore main bhaagun re

Na na...

Manik looked at her standing at a corner.......

Haath thaam le piya
Karte hain vaada
Ab se tu aarzu
Tu hi hai iraada

He admired her smile as the elders applied haldi on her, and chuckled hearing her giggles as her mischievious cousins and friends covered her whole hands and face with haldi..........

Mera naam le piya
Main teri rubaai
Teri hi tto piche piche
Barsaat aayi, barsaat aayi

Tu itrr itrr sa mere
Saanson mein bikhar jaa
Main faqeer tere qurbat ka
Tujhse tu maangun de

Her cousins then threw rose petals on her..........

Tu ishq ishq sa mere
Rooh mein aake bas ja
Jis aur teri shehnaai
Uss ore main bhaagun re

Mere dil ke lifaafe mein
Tera khat hai janiya
Nacheez ne kaise paa li
Kismat yeh janiya ve

Mahir and Shaurya came and pulled Manik towards Nandini and gestured him to apply Haldi on Nandini.........

Oh mere dil ke lifafe mein
Tera khat hai janiya
Nacheez ne kaise paa li
Jannat yeh janiya ve

Tu nazm nazm sa mere
Honthon pe thehar ja

He did as said and all the cousins threw the haldi water on Manan.......they looked at them shockingly who laughed seeing them.........

Main khwaab khwaab sa teri
Aankhon mein jaagun re

Tu ishq ishq sa mere
Rooh mein aake bas ja
Jis aur teri shehnaai
Uss ore main bhaagun re

Na na...

Later all youngster's enjoyed playing holi with haldi............

After sometime all left to their respectives homes to get ready for the evening..........