Getting to know Him

"Rae, you can't catch me!" My brother Jacob called over his shoulder while we were chasing each other around the backyard of our house.

Running behind my brother's long legs I tackled him to the ground where we both got covered in mud. "Hah! Jacob. I got you."

"Yeah, yeah. Wait, who's that?" His eyes shifted to an older girl with dark black hair talking with our parents.

Sitting upright I reached down drawing some magic from the dirt underneath. I didn't recognize the woman so I was hoping that I could use magic to hear what they were saying somehow. "My father wants your help to put my brother where he won't hurt anyone." The woman explained to my mother.

"I was thankful to not be born with a twin like my brother, Joshua. But I told him that I wouldn't stay to support the Gemini Coven. So I'm sorry but I am never helping him with any coven leader business." Our mother scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest until someone appeared behind the black haired woman.

Jacob and I blinked our eyes, still confused, when another stranger appeared behind the woman. "I was hoping you said differently, Eliza. I don't want to remind you that with your children being twins they can Merge as well if I wish."

"Joshua, you leave my children out of this. I left the Coven and you can't make me do anything!" She spat stomping up to the man that was apparently her brother that we had never met.

The man had ash gray hair and dark brown eyes from what I could tell when he glanced in our direction. Grasping my twins hand in mine I didn't like the look in his eyes when he turned back to our mother. "You may have married a human. But you will always be a Parker and a member of our coven my dear sister."

Staring at the leaves on a tree in the middle of the park it was morning now and since I didn't have any money I ended up sleeping outside thankfully I didn't get found by the cops. The cloaking spell seems to have worked since the coven hadn't found me in the middle of the night. "I am surprised to see you out here, little witch."

"Stay back, you!" Whipping my head around I jumped up recognizing the guy from the bar last night that was named Klaus Mikaelson. "I don't want any trouble from you. So just leave me alone!"

The werewolf steps closer to me rounding the park bench that I was standing on a few moments ago. "I don't intend on hurting you. I just want to get to know you and learn about your interesting little powers. In all the centuries I have lived through I don't think I have come across someone like you."

"I am not telling you anything, stranger. I refuse to let myself get close to anyone ever again." Whipping my head around I waved my index finger in his direction, throwing the blue crystal from my brother that was hanging around my neck a little bit.

He paused sitting down on the bench laying one arm over the back sending me a cheeky smile. "Then let's aim to change that, love. I will tell you something about myself and then you can tell me something else."

"So like a twenty questions game?" I asked him kicking some dirt up with the ends of my boots meeting the deep blue gaze.

He raised a brow shrugging his shoulders in response. "If that's what you want to do then that's fine. Ladies first."

"Fine." I sat down stomping my feet into the ground turning to face the mystery man from the bar. "I am a twin, you?"

"I have multiple siblings. There's me, Elijah, Rebekah, Kol, Finn and Henrik." He answered where I could see some tears trying to form in his eyes when he mentioned the last name but he shook it off. "I enjoy painting. Do you have any hobbies?"

Pushing hair behind my ear I wasn't really sure if I had one. My twin brother always liked drawing and I attempted it but I wasn't as nearly as good as he was. "I tried drawing once. But I wasn't good at it. So I can't say I have a passion. So you clearly know I am a witch. What exactly are you?"

"I am a hybrid. Now since you've clearly not heard of me I'll let you know how strong that makes me against you." He sends me a light smirk flashing the golden wolf eyes until they return to their normal blue orbs. "I was born a werewolf until the night that my mother turned my siblings and I into vampires. The very first ones, known as the Originals."

Blinking my eyes I wasn't really sure that anyone like me even existed. Someone that wasn't just simply like the rest of the supernatural creatures in this world. Intertwining my hands together in my lap I sighed heavily. "And here I was thinking that I was the only outcast in this world."

"How so, little witch?" He raised a brow moving his hand forward about to touch my shoulder but he pulled back remembering what I had done to him the other night.

Wrapping my arms around myself I met his gaze. My hair fell in front of my eyes when I sucked in a sharp breath. "Because my entire family, who I thought actually cared about me, completely betrayed my trust. My twin brother died and now I was forced to be on my own. That's why I don't trust talking with you."

"Believe me, Raelyn. If I wished to hurt you I would have before we started having this conversation." He pointed out to me, sending me a smirk while he spoke his words. "Now I know we don't know each other but I am a gentleman. So if you will accept my offer I will have a spare room if you are open to it."

He got to his feet offering his right hand where my gaze shifted from his palm and back up to his blue orbs that hadn't shifted away from my eyes for a single second. "I'll accept your offer, Klaus for now."

"Then after you, little witch." He gestured with his hand once he was pulling me to my feet where I whipped my head around waving my index finger at his words.

"Call me by my name, Klaus. Call me Raelyn."

The hybrid clicks his tongue at me, sending me a proud smile. "If that's what you want Raelyn then I'll do it." Turning on my heels we started making the walk back home in silence where I could feel myself being slightly comfortable around him. Maybe just maybe he could be trusted.

Comments really appreciated ❤️