My First Friend

Melvia-ito

"I just met your mother. I can't believe that I just met your freaking thousand year old mother. The same woman who has completely created the entire vampire species." I frantically babbled out running my fingers through my hair.

Klaus was laying on my bed with his arms crossed behind his head watching me pace back and forth in front of him. "Rae, would you stop worrying. You met my family so what is the big deal?"

"Don't tell me to not freak out, Klaus. I am not entirely sure on how a traditional relationship or whatever we are supposed to go. But I am very sure that you aren't supposed to go on one date with a guy and then suddenly meet his siblings and his mother!" I spun around on my feet throwing my hair around causing the lights to flicker in the bedroom.

He chuckled at me rolling his eyes reaching over and picking up my brother's necklace from the nightstand. "You're a supernatural witch, love. I think normal isn't something you're used to, hmm."

"Put that necklace down and take this seriously please." I snapped back at him. "I need you to take this seriously right now. The look your mother gave me last is making me more paranoid than I already am."

Klaus began twirling the blue gem necklace in between his fingers. "I can assure you if my mother tries to lay a hand on your head I will personally take care of her. Did you know that this necklace almost matches your eyes, Raelyn?"

"Oh and to top that off my mother hijacked the phone number of my cousin Jo and she apparently says she's coming to town at some point. So who honestly knows if I won't have to pack up my life here and run." Stomping around at the foot of the bed I finally couldn't take it so I climbed up onto the bed and into his lap trying to grab the jewelry. "Stop messing with it. You'll break it and then I'll kill you. Plus you're supposed to be paying attention to my problems."

Klaus shifted his hand away from me holding the necklace out of my reach since I was too focused on trying to not fall off the edge of the bed at the same time. "You can't kill me, Rae. I am immortal and which one of us has the quickest reflexes here."

"Klaus, give it back now." I fought, reaching up almost able to grab his wrist until I felt his other arm wrap around my waist holding me close to him so I wouldn't fall on the floor.

His blue eyes shifted to mine when he turned his head so when I lifted my head up our noses hit one another. "If you're worried that we haven't been on enough dates, just say the word and I won't escort you tonight. My mother will be angry with me but it would be worth it to make you less nervous."

"You're spoiling me like I am a princess." I replied feeling my cheeks turn red. In my mind I keep thinking that I shouldn't get close to him because I can't be tied down to a certain place if my family comes to find me. Yet there is some drawing about this man in front of me that makes me act like a reckless teenager again.

He smiled leaning forward where it looked like he kiss me causing me to lean forward too until I felt his hands move around my neck clicking my necklace back on and then drawing back. "You aren't a princess, Raelyn. You are a queen."

"Why do you do that, Nik. You get so close to kissing me and then you step back. Why do you do it because you are becoming frustrating?" I threw my hands up where I was still sitting on his lap throwing my head up.

He grabbed my face in his hands cradling it gently when our gazes met strongly. "I know you haven't had any love at all so I wish to make our time together as epic as you deserve. Yet if it frustrates you that much I can stop dancing about it...just say the word Raelyn."