Rescuing Klaus

Sitting myself upright I twisted my limbs, waking up and seeing that there was a blood bag on the bedside table. Someone entered the room where I lifted my head seeing that it was Nik. "So is it true then. Lucien has become more powerful than an Original?"

"Unfortunately yes my love. Not even my hybrid blood could cure him." He slowly walked over looking like a broken man when he sat down on the edge of the bed.

A few days after Cami was turned into a vampire Lucien had found a way to turn even stronger than the rest of us. He ended up killing Finn who had come back around the same time as Kol did. "Then we have to make sure that he doesn't get close to the girls."

"And I will do so while you stay here." He grabbed my forearm stopping me when I rose from the bed trying to leave and go fight.

Whipping my hair around in my face I drew my hand from his grasp. "You can't be serious, Niklaus. You have said that we are stronger together than we are apart."

"But if he bites you there is no cure. I won't be able to heal you and I refuse to lose you to one of my other vampires." He explained when I turned to face him. He ran his hands down my arms pressing his forehead against mine. "I love you, Raelyn. You are life, you and our daughters."

Drawing slightly away from him I cupped his face in my hands. "And they also need their father."

"Rae," He attempted to say.

I cut him off closing the gap between our bodies where our chests were pressed together. "I need you, I love you. We may have said a vow but forever I do always meant more than that. So don't you dare go off on another sucicide mission without telling me. I can't go through that again like with Tyler."

"It's not a suicide mission, love. I need to stop Lucien but I can't be worried about you while I do so." He sniffed through tears running his fingers through my hair when I dropped my hands. "I will come back to you, I promise."

It was almost sunrise and he still wasn't back yet. Watching our daughters sleep in their beds, someone vamped inside where I saw it was Cami. "What are you doing here?"

"Klaus came to my place and I called him a few hours ago. He didn't answer. Aurora did though." She said frantically.

Rising to my feet I vamped in her face beginning to have a panic attack. "And what did that bitchy redhead say!"

"She is holding him hostage at Lucien's and she's going to kill him." She told me mirring the terror on my face.

Cami and I had made it to Lucien's apartment. I waited inside the elevator using a glass spell to see inside the room without Aurora knowing at all. "I'm going to ring her neck for hurting him!" I threatened to myself when Cami gasped seeing Klaus was chained up and on his knees. He was bleeding down his chest and he was struggling to keep his eyes opened.

"We'll save him." She said taking my hand in hers. "Try not to die. You are my sire after all."

Letting her hand go, I nodded listening in on their conversation. "Don't count on that ever happening, Cami."

Aurora held a stake against her heart about to stab herself. "That's it? Nothing more to say? No more taunts tripping from your tongue? Well, then I suppose it's time I finish this."

Klaus grunts. "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna drive this into my heart, die, and be reborn. And then, with the aid of my newfound power... I'm going to silence you permanently." She almost did so until the elevator door opened. "Well, it appears we have company."

She gasped seeing it was Cami standing there. "Oh, my. This day just gets better and better. Cami, it's been a while. How's vampirism treating you?"

She responded. "As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying it. That's why I'm here, to express my gratitude."