Babies and a Ring

Nik and I drove in silence in the car driving for hours away from New Orleans. Tapping my fingers against the window I stared outward. I couldn't take the fact that Jacob wouldn't even look at me now. We hadn't spoken since we escaped the compound that Finn had spelled. It was before we went to check up on our twin daughters. "You're quitter than normal, Raelyn. If there's something you need to get off your chest we have two hours before we get there."

"It's nothing. I'm just tired." I lied through my teeth not really wanting to talk to him about Jaobc right now.

He glanced over to me leaving one hand on the steering wheel and with his other he reached across the counsel. He put his thumb underneath my chin turning my face so I was looking at him. "Raelyn, you don't have to keep secrets from me. I never have with you so I would appreciate the same courtesy from you."

"Fine...it's Jacob." I huffed caving into his words knowing that he only wanted to help. He had helped a lot since I was still on my period since it had only been two days since we had left the city. "He refuses to talk to me and let me explain why I did what I did to protect him."

His blue eyes focused on mine, not really focused on the road in front of us since we were both immortal now so it was a problem. "In my experience around you and your brother he will come around and see that you did a good thing."

"You really believe that?" I asked, raising a brow.

He ran his thumb over my cheek when we stopped at a stop sign before he turned to face me fully on. "Yes I do, love. If it's any constellation you two are far better than me and my siblings."

"Yeah cause you dagger them, no offense though." I sent him a glare lightly smirking.

Nik leans forward waving his finger in my face. "That may be true but I will never harm anything of you. You are beautiful beyond everything." We parked the car in the driveway where he vamped over to my side helping me out of the car. Raising my hand I knocked on the door before my father opened it with a crack until he recognized it was us.

"Raelyn. Klaus, I wasn't expecting you two to be here. Is something wrong?" He asked concerned and I could see bags under his eyes meaning our twins were being a handful.

Raising my hand up I reassured him stepping over the threshold. "Don't worry dad everything's fine. We just wanted to see two of our daughters."

"It's good to see you again, Mr. Lane." Nik moved his foot forward about to come in until he smacked into the barrier. "And this time it is under less of a life or death situation - agh."

Clicking my tongue I bit my lip forgetting he hadn't been here yet. "Oh right. Dad, would you please.."

"You can come in, Klaus." He declares simply.

Nik was able to move forward shaking my father's hand looking around the small cabin. "Thank you, mate. Hmmm...I must say I am rather surprised Raelyn came from out in the countryside but maybe that is why I enjoy her company so. Country folk are always good at showing hospitality."

"Yes I suppose they are." My father gulped nervous around him even though I had told him he wouldn't hurt him because I wouldn't forgive him. "Uh I'll go wake the girls from their naps."

When he was gone I strided over to Nik staring up into his eyes. "There's something you're not telling me. You've been quiet since we got here too. So spill whatever you aren't telling me."

"I am not keeping anything from you. I just assumed we shouldn't talk about what is really going on. Your father doesn't need to be more stressed than he already seems to be." He shrugged his shoulders wearing a black jacket over a black tea shirt.