Missing Coffins

New Orleans - Klaus’s pov

Alina and I had made it to the edge of town just outside the bayou where we sat down in one of the abandoned alleyways. She sighed, staring straight at the wall across from us instead of at me. "I don't think I know how to love someone who isn't my family, dad. And it kind of scares me."

"Everyone learns to love at their own pace honey. I did it with your mother." I told her resting my hands on my knees.

Alina turned her head, raising a brow. "How did you do that?"

"You need to understand that before I met your mother I was a very different creature…" I trailed off shifting around so we were now facing each other. "I was so focused on becoming the hybrid that I didn't care who I had to hurt who was in my way."

"Oh." Alina made a sound lowering her voice.

I kept telling my reasoning to her seeing as she was just patiently listening. "I didn't want to be alone so I tried to make an army of hybrids but that didn't work. So one night I went into the Grill and that’s when I saw your mother. She had just lost your uncle Jacob to her family not being honest with her. I simply asked for her name and she threw me against a wall."

"And that's when you felt that you could love someone other than your siblings?" She pressed on.

Shaking my head no I blinked through some tears thinking back to that time. "It was the night that my mother, your grandmother Esther, attempted to kill me, my siblings and your mother. Your mother did what she had to do and consume my mother's magic to stop the spell. Yet when she was doing that she nearly died. I…it was the moment I realized I was in love with her in such a short matter of time. Being in love with someone isn't easy. You basically have to make yourself vulnerable, Alina. If Jackson makes you happy and you feel like you would protect him then I'd say that's love."

“I know he’s nice to me, he doesn’t see me as a bad person even though I have your last name. And he’s always there to listen to me when I’m missing you. So I think he cares about me too.” Alina smiled, tucking hair behind her ear until we saw someone appear in front of us.

Lifting my head up I smiled lightly seeing my wife standing in front of us. “Rae, don’t be mad. She wanted to talk with me so I didn’t call you. She’s fine right here.”

“That’s not why I’m here. Alina, get out of here I need to talk to your father alone.” She growled at her showing her fangs meaning she was clearly pissed for some reason.

Alina waved and disappeared. “Bye dad.”

“What’s got you so angry, Rae?” I asked my wife to get to my feet, stepping as close as I could to her even if she wasn’t physically there.

She slumped her shoulders heavily. “Missy isn’t an innocent little girl anymore. She just threw me around and was screaming that I ruined her life by not telling her that we want Alina to marry Jackson. I am so angry at her and I don’t know what to do.”

“Take her to live with Freya and she’ll keep her from doing magic so she can’t talk with me. Unfortunately we’ll have to punish her.” He explained moving his hands into his black jacket pockets.

She nods in agreement with me. “Yeah that should work. I’ll send the girls to New Orleans for a year to learn what happens when they don’t listen to me - uh sorry us ... .I'll be there watching them because I will find a solution to this once and for all. I’m done hiding away.” She disappeared where I vamped back into the city knowing I needed to get back to France.