The Gemini Portland House

Melvia-ito

"What could he bloody want with you? You died and became a vampire." Klaus asked, throwing his hands up with us still sitting in the bar confused. 

Tapping my fingers on the counter I eyed the waitress while she dropped her blood into my glass leaving the room once again. "I don't know honestly. The only reason he would want to see me is because I am technically the Coven leader now." 

"Vampire - uh correction heretic nonetheless." He raised a finger towards the ceiling. 

"Still doesn't excuse him from being concerned about his life I suppose." 

He asked, raising a brow. "How so. To me it would seem you are free from the torture you're family has put you through." 

"I have but…" I tilted my head to the side of him. "Now we have to think about our daughters. This doesn't need to turn into a situation with Dahlia." 

He placed his hand on top of mine. "And it won't, love. We will handle this like we do all our other enemies." 

"Hold up we can't just go charging in full force. We have to figure out what he wants and if we sense danger we bolt." I explained intertwining my fingers with his. 

His gaze meets mine. "What are we going to do about our girls?" 

"Just leave them with Caroline. I don't think bringing them with us would be a good idea." I pointed out getting down from my barstool. Klaus laid down a hundred dollar bill following me outside. We strolled through the park nearby seeing a lock of blonde hair blowing around in the wind. 

Missy was going down a slide. Alina and Hope were on the swings then they switched to the monkey bars swinging like crazy. "Mommy!" Missy ran toward us where she jumped up into my arms giggling. 

"Oh hey baby.." I grunted shifting her where she was laying against my chest. 

Klaus walks towards Caroline where I used my vampire hearing their conversation. "Caroline, we need you to watch the girls while we make a trip." 

"Of course. Can I ask why?" She made a face when he pulled her away from the other two kids. 

"Her uncle wants to see her. We're going to go find out why. But we can’t risk him learning of them." He explained tilting his head in the direction of our daughters. 

The blonde vampire tucked hair behind her ear. "Yeah, yeah. I can do that for you guys. Just be safe." 

"Hey little witch, mommy and I have to take a trip. You and your sisters are staying with aunt Caroline." He walked back to me picking up Missy bouncing her in his arms for a few minutes before sitting her on the ground. 

The drive to Portland was silent which makes me uneasy yet not as much as I thought until we pulled up in the driveway. Klaus got out of the car first seeing an empty field in front of us. "Are you sure this is the place?" He sent me a confused glance. 

"Yep. Watch this.." Stomping forward at the edge of the driveway I pressed my hands against the barrier that I could feel. I breathed in slightly before a house was visible in front of us. "See told ya. It's a witch house, remember." 

He clicked his tongue walking up the front porch. I kept looking around with my guard up. He opened the door about to step inside but smacked into the barrier. "Uh Rae!" 

"Let me try…dang it!" I stepped forward trying to siphon it but it knocked me backwards luckily he caught me in his arms. 

"Guess they are serious about no one finding this place. Let's see if someone's here to invite us in." He helped me to my feet where we walked down the stairs holding hands. We circled the grounds for a while until I felt someone watching us.