Message For The Sire

It had been some time since we had visited my uncle Joshua where I threatened to release what he feared. Our daughters have been beginning to grow on their powers since they helped us defeat Dahlia. Walking into Nik's studio he smiled seeing me entering the room. "I was hoping you'd come up here, Rae. I finally have finished a certain piece closer to my heart than any of the rest."

"Oh I see. Now you've piqued my interest." I clicked my tongue, not sure which one he was talking about. I had seen most of his work including the ones he painted in actual blood of his enemies.

He offered me his hand leading me in front of the one piece that was covered by a white sheet. "I once gave you a present for your brother but now this is someone more ravishing in my eyes."

He pulled back the sheet where I gasped scanning my eyes over the canvas seeing that it was a portrait of me. It was where I was sitting on top of the clock tower in Mystic Falls. My hair was falling everywhere over my shoulders and I was looking out towards the city. "Oh Nik, I love it. So that's why you wouldn't let me see that drawing in your sketchbook way back when."

"Yes my dear girl. Although I don't think that my vision of you stops here." He gently put a hand on my cheek and I leaned into his palm. "You are my muse after all."

Smiling at him I took his freehand in mine. "Maybe later I can inspire a more intimate piece....now we have an art show to get ready for don't we?"

"Indeed we do, my heart." He twirls me underneath his arm until I release my hand from his. "Put on that red wine dress I got you for New Years." Slipping on my cowgirl boots and the red dress I knew tonight would be a simple evening for us. A night for him to show off his art. The dress was short and only went down to part of my thighs. I left my hair loose and wore Jacob's necklace along with it.

Entering one of the side empty rooms with one of his paintings I raised a glass of wine to my mouth. "Aren't you a tall drink of water."

"Show yourself or I'll blow your brains out!" Turning my body in the direction of the voice. I couldn't hear a heartbeat or smell blood on whoever it was who had just said something to me.

The figure finally entered the room where I saw a man I didn't recognize. He had dark eyes and had a slight accent I couldn't place. "I come in peace, darling. So may I ask who you are?"

"Raelyn Lane - sorry correction Mikaelson." Holding my left hand up I showed him the ring, still giddy over being married to Klaus Mikaelson.

The guy extended his hand smirking. "Awe such a pity you are taken because I would much rather have taken someone like you into my bed or for some desert later."

"Oh my...Sorry Mr. But I am already with the love of my life." I drew my hand back, dropping my gaze to the ground for a moment.

The stranger instead raised his hand tucking hair behind my ear. "I am just utterly surprised that Klaus Mikaelson caught someone like you into his bed."

Nik's threatening tone entered the room shortly after where he yanked the vampire back by his shirt. "Lucien...I suggest you remove your hand from my wife before I rip out your throat!"

"Nik, it's okay. He didn't hurt me. Who is he exactly?" I questioned seeing that he wasn't happy about us being close.

He moved his hand down to grasp mine in his. He gestured his other hand upward introducing the two of us. "He is one of my first ever turned vampires. Raelyn, this is Lucien Castle. Lucien, this is my darling wife Raelyn."

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I am disappointed to not have received an invitation to your wedding though, old friend." He nodded his head towards his sire.