Davina - The Attic Witch

Strolling through the streets of Orleans with my hair getting thrown around until I began tying it back up in a braid that falls over my right shoulder. I was trying to use my magic to sense any strong magic since everyone who was a witch in this town seemed to be terrified of Davina. Entering an abandoned church I glanced over toward an old staircase heading up that way. “Alright there’s definitely something going on here. Where are you hiding witch.” 

Walking down a hallway I came to a closed door seeing that there was a bed and some candles around the room. I also caught sight of one of Nik’s coffins and I could see Elijah laying inside it. “Elijah!…oh come on.” I attempted to move forward but I smacked into the barrier spell. 

"Who's there?" I heard a young girl call out, coming out from around the corner. 

Pressing my hands on the invisible barrier in front of me I spoke towards her. "Are you Davina? I'm Raelyn. I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to talk with you." 

"How did you find me? Marcel said that no one would know about this place." She told me staying away from me and the doorway. 

Scanning my eyes over the girl she was very young. Sixteen from the looks of it. She had dark hair and was wearing a white dress. "Well here's my simple answer, Davina. I'm what some would call a heretic." 

"I'm sorry but I don't know what that is. Does that mean you are a witch or something?" She knitted her brows at me. 

Clicking my tongue I tapped my feet on the floor. I should have guessed that she didn't know what that was. My Coven kept to themselves for the most part. And siphon witches were extremely rare. "Yes I am a witch. But I was also turned into a vampire. I'm both." 

"That sounds dangerous." She shuttered. 

Nodding my head at her words. "It is sometimes yeah. But I have no intention to hurt you, little witch. I really just want to talk and understand why every witch in this city seems to be scared of you." 

"So you won't hurt me?" She asked softly. 

Shaking my head no I shifted my head up and down the doorway. "I won't, I promise. I just have to be invited in first." 

"Come in then." She replied. 

Sucking in a breath I shifted my feet forward stepping over the doorway. Glancing around the room it was a very small attic that he was keeping her in. Yet it had to be for a greater reason to keep her locked up like a prisoner. "So do you want to start the talking or should I?" She didn't say a word so I clasped my hands together. "Okay…Well I'll tell you that I have only a few people in my family that I care about. Otherwise the rest sent me to my death. You see when my twin brother and I turned twenty-two we were forced to participate in this ritual in our coven called the Merge. If a set of twins doesn't combine their magic and have a winner, everyone in our coven dies…in the Merge the weaker twin is absorbed into the other. So I am no stranger to whatever is haunting you in your life." 

"We will see about that, Raelyn." She sucked in a breath sitting down on the bed with me remaining standing in front of her. "No one but Sophie ever questioned the Harvest. Not even my own mother. So neither did I. We thought it was such an honor, we had such faith. We were so stupid." 

Crossing my arms over my chest I raised a brow at her. "So how did it begin?" 

Davina began explaining and I could hear the anger in her voice among her racing heart rate. "We were led out like princesses. My mother was so proud. Bastiana, one of the Elders, called upon the four elements to bind our past and future magic together. Earth, to connect us to our ancestors. Water, to heal the community. Wind, to carry us to our ancestors and back. fire, to purify. After all our preperation, we knew exactly what to expect. For weeks they told us that the magic in the Knife they used to cut our palms would put us to sleep, and that later at the Reaping, we would all be resurrected. They said we'd awaken, and all be together and more powerful than ever. And it was just like we rehearsed it. All that was left was a little cut on our palms for the blood sacrifice….Even after Sophie tried to stop it, we didn't suspect anything." 

"Everyone involved in the ritual knew that this would happen." Dropping my gaze to the floor I could see that we had more in common than I ever did with anyone else. We were both tricked into a ritual by our own families and now we have to bear the weight that comes with it. 

Davina growled through some angry tears. "Except the four of us. They weren't putting us to sleep, they were slaughtering us! I begged for someone to help. My own mother turned away from me. Sophie screamed and screamed for her sister, anyone, to do something. But no one did." 

"Then how did you survive and come back with so much power in your grasp?" Knitting my brows together that was the part that still didn't make sense. 

Davina responded back. "Yes. Someone finally did. And that was Marcel. I owe him my life." 

"Then why does he keep you locked up in here?" Turning my head around at the small room. 

She wrapped her arms around herself, meeting my gaze briefly. "Because if the witches find me they will kill me for the Harvest. Then at the Reaping they will gain their power back and I'll be dead." 

"Hmmm I might have a way around that. My mother sacrificed her life to bring my brother back. So I might have a plan B for you -" Whipping my head around I heard someone entering the church downstairs. "Someone's here." 

Vamping downstairs I came face to face with a boy that was carrying an instrument in his hands looking confused. "I'm looking for Davina." 

"Who are you?" I asked biting my tongue, smelling the blood running through his veins. The veins and my fangs began to appear where I spun on my feet quickly away. 

Davina came down the staircase seeing the boy. "Tim, I wasn't expecting to see you. I mean I obviously wanted to see you after the music festival." 

"Yeah I wanted to see you too. Uh, is she okay?" The human boy pointed at me. 

The Harvest witch turned to me seeing that my fingers were gripping my hair tightly. Clutching my eyes tightly shut I took in a few breaths needing the desire for blood to go away. "Yeah….yeah. I'm fine. Sorry my babies are just being difficult today." Pressing my hands on my stomach both of them made a weak smile at me before the church doors opened a second time. 

"You two are absolutely adorable! Warms my heart, it really does, but I do need a word with the young lady. So, Tim," Lifting my head up I saw Nik entering the church where he grips his shoulder and compels him. "Go sit down, count to one-hundred-thousand." Meeting his blue eyes the boy went and sat down with me and Nik walked up to each other with me thinking in my head that this conversation should be interesting. 

Comments really appreciated ❤️

Melvia-ito