A Family Dessert War

Clutching one hand into the bedsheets I moved my other into Nik's open hand. Throwing my head back I winced through the pain. "Just some more pushes." The doctor said to me, while we had been in labor for a few hours.

We had been put in the hospital overnight when I went into labor. Cami and Hayley were in the waiting room outside. And my brother was watching all the kids back at the compound with the rest of the Mikaelson's. "Urgh! I can't do this."

"Rae, Rae hey look at me." Klaus turned my chin with his thumb and index so I'd look him in the eye. "You are the strongest person I have ever seen."

I sniffed through tears feeling some more contractions. My hair was in a bun but my baby hair was sticking to my forehead. "Nik I....it's too much  - god!"

The doctor spoke to me while I moaned in more pain. My knuckles were turning almost white at how tightly I was clutching my hands closed. "Just a few more pushes, Mrs. Mikaelson."

"Ahh!" Klaus kissed my forehead before I gave what strength I had left. Shutting my eyes tightly I screamed, finally feeling relief go through my body. A baby's cry filled the hospital room where I laid my head against my husband's chest when he sat on the edge of the bed holding me closer.

A nurse laid the baby down wrapping a blue blanket around the infant. She then came over and handed it to me. "Congrats Mr and Mrs. Mikaelson you have a beautiful baby boy."

"Oh my gosh. He's perfect." I whispered, hugging the baby closer onto my chest once I had sat up some more.

Klaus shifted closer beside me on the bed once the nurse had left the room with the doctor to fill out the baby's chart. "He has his mother's eyes."

"And his father's hair." I grinned leaning forward and kissing him gently.

Klaus put his head against mine staring down at our baby boy. For once we got to have a normal pregnancy. And we had recovered information we believed would defeat the Hollow for good. "I'm sorry to interpret but have you had a name picked out?" The nurse peaked her head inside the doorway.

"Raelyn, I thought we were still deciding." He raised a brow at me, running his fingers through my messy hair.

Snuggling into his warmth I looked down at our son. "I actually had one name in mind. Henrik Artemis Mikaelson."

2 years later

"Sssh sweet boy." Henrik was whining while I laid him down in his crib upstairs in the compound. My braid fell over my shoulder while I rested my hands on the side of the bed frame. Handing him the baby werewolf stuffed animal we got him he cooed sucking on it and falling asleep soundly.

Walking down the stairs I found Klaus and our daughters sitting around the breakfast table. "How is he sleeping now? Also good morning, love." He asked me to get up from his chair.

"Morning, Nik." I smiled, kissing him gently. "Thankfully getting him that stuffed animal wolf and having you put your scent on it. It actually works to help him sleep."

He wrapped his arms around my waist resting his chin on my head. Burying my face into his black shirt I smiled enjoying the simple morning until something hit my nose. "Off what the....why you little rascals." I chuckled seeing that it was cream from a cup cake that Missy had thrown at me.

"I was aiming for daddy. But he's too high." She pouted in her chair with her pigtails falling over her shoulders.

Hope picked up another, handing it to Alina who used her magic. "Cause you're supposed to do it like this, Motus!"