I Will Rescue You

Laying on the bed in Jo's apartment it had been a few days since we all learned that Kai was out of his prison world. Which wouldn't be good for anyone. Flipping over onto my side I stared at the hologram crystal briefly. Reaching over I snatched it from the table and grasped it in my hands. "Missing me again, love?"

"More than words can describe." I said back to the hologram of my husband laying beside me. His blue eyes poured into mine. "I just wish I could snap my fingers and have the cures. So that we could get back to each other."

He sat up a little, holding his body up on his left elbow. "You haven't talked about the progress, maybe that would make you feel better about this."

"Fine. Let's see, Hayley and Cami went in search of the cure for Freya's poison and found that. But it still leaves Rebekah's hex and the beast bites that Elijah and Kol have. Which according to you was created by the seven Crescent werewolf packs with their venom." I sat up hugging my knees to my chest thinking back to my previous phone calls.

Klaus sent me a smile trying to be hopeful for me. "There you go. Then you've got one out of three. That's better than nothing."

"Maybe...." I sighed heavily resting my chin on my knees.

"Raelyn, what aren't you saying that you want to say?"

"Nothing." I fought back quickly.

He raised a brow at me as a warning. "Raelyn...tell me."

Throwing my hands up in the air I began crying in front of the holographic version of the man I loved. "I miss you so much. I miss your touch, your lips, your voice whispering in my ear. I miss watching you tell the girls bedtime stories. I miss you being here when I have nightmares that my family will come for me. I...I miss having sex with you like you wouldn't imagine. Klaus, I can't breathe without you honestly. I miss your scent, I miss being in your arms. I...I freaking miss you so bad and there's nothing I can do about it!"

"Rae, I know and I wish I could fix it." He said with a disappointed smile. Since he was made from my memory of him he knew what I was thinking inside my head.

Burying my face in my hands I started crying again. Even if I could see him it wouldn't make the pain go away until I got to physically be with him. "You say everything that he would say to me. But you're not what I want.  At first it helped but now...now it's just torture. Reminding me what I can't have because of Marcel. I hate him!" Clutching my hands into fists the lamp on the bedside table caught on fire.

"Love, the lamps on fire." He pointed out where I glanced over my shoulder.

"Shit!" I cursed getting up waving it with the rug until it was put out. "See I can't even do magic right without the real you!"

Klaus shifted on the bed sitting with his legs crossed. "Maybe it would help if you visited the real me."

"What, you mean like astral projection? I....I don't think that would make me feel better. I mean who knows what kind of torture Marcel is putting him - uh you though." I shook my head no, reaching down and twirling the dog tag necklace he had given me that he always wore after I had traded his for my brothers necklace.

Hologram Klaus got to his feet vamping in front of me where we were almost chest to chest with each other. "You could give it a shot. If you wish to know, is this suffering all for nothing."

"I never said anything like that. I...we did this to save his siblings." I trailed off not liking where my brain was heading.

He placed his hands behind his back with a serious look on his face. "But you have thought about it. In case you have forgotten I am a projection created from your head."