Homecoming

Melvia-ito

I couldn't shake the image of my twin brother standing behind Klaus yesterday. The last time I saw him I watched him die right in front of me. But if he is somehow still alive and our mother just lied to me then I have to know the truth. Swiping a small knife from the kitchen and a map of Mystic Falls from one of the wall paintings I laid it down on the floor. "So blood and the map like mother said. Then you cut your palm, drop some blood on it and say the words." I mumbled to myself remembering the lessons she taught us.

Waving my hand over the candles on the table I draw magic from them beginning to chant the words. "Mur vara en gartus sanguineus." Shutting my eyes I could hear the fireplace cracking behind me until I opened my eyes again. Sliding the knife across my right hand I made my hand into a fist dripping some blood on the map. The red liquid stayed in the center of Mystic Falls marked on the map when I called out his name. "Jacob, Jacob, Jacob. If you can hear me, give me a sign."

Yet there was no response and silence just filled the room making me growl under my breath thinking of another spell that might be stronger. "Phasmatos tribum, nas ex viras sequita saguines ementas asten mihan ega petous.....Phasmatos tribum, nas ex viras sequita saguines ementas asten mihan ega petous!"

"Raelyn, what's wrong?" Someone vamped into the room and I could hear some panic in his voice which was surprising. "You're bleeding, what happened, love?"

I jumped up a little causing the candle flames to grow for a second then die out. Lifting my head up quickly I huffed heavily feeling my face turn red. I wasn't used to having someone watch me do magic except for my brother or our mother. "Klaus! - Uh, everything is fine. I am just trying to practice my magic."

"Will you let me heal you before you keep bleeding on the rug underneath your feet?" He bent down on a knee about to bite into his wrist.

"Yeah just don't snap my neck afterwards." I attempted to joke with him but he shook his head smiling at me. He bites into his hand holding it out to me.

He pushed my hair out of the way with his other hand while I wrapped my fingers around his bleeding hand. The taste of his blood was bitter and I didn't quite understand why there was such a desire to have this liquid. "I came to find you to ask if I could escort you to a party I am having."

"What kind of party exactly?" I asked wiping away the blood that was still on my chin seeing that my bleeding hand was already healed. "Woah. I guess Caroline wasn't kidding about the fast healing thing."

Klaus rose to his feet tugging me up to stand staring down at the map tilting his head in curiosity. "I'm calling it a party but it's really my father's funeral. Now what exactly were you trying to do with the blood and this map here?"

"It's nothing really. I think my mind is playing tricks on me or something along those lines. Being on the run from your entire family is not an easy feat. Though I guess you would know more about such a thing than me. I just don't understand how you do it." I shrugged my shoulders staring up at the hybrid in front of me.

He rests a hand on my shoulder squeezing it for a quick second heading towards the doorway. "Like I said when we danced I have had tons of practice. If you want to have some fun I can show you once I finish with my father Mikael tonight. Oh and I can't seem to find my sister but she's laid a dress out for you in your room."

I watched him walk away before I headed to my room, shutting the door and locking it. Staring at the dress on the bed I had to admit the blonde original girl had rather good tastes. The dress was a golden color when I held it up against my chest where the front went almost to my knees and the back train led behind me. It was short sleeved and I decided to wear some tenna shoes since they were comfortable even though it might not match with the outfit. Exiting my room I headed down the stairs cutting myself short when I stopped on the second to last step. "This dress is way too fancy, Klaus. I appreciate it but it honestly is too much - wow."