What's the Hollow?

Shutting the car door Klaus and I helped the girls out of the car when we entered New Orleans. With its busy streets and loud music. Alina whined following my heels. “Why did we have to leave Mystic Falls?” 

“Because your uncle Jacob said he needed our help. And we answer the call when family needs your help.” I explained to her, leading her into the cabin in the bayou. 

Klaus opened the door for us where I saw my niece laying underneath a bunch of blankets on a bed. “Rae, Klaus. Thank goodness you all are here.” Hayley said in relief, coming over and hugging me. 

“Yeah of course. So what exactly has been happening?” I hugged her for a moment, breaking the embrace. 

My brother came out of the small kitchen with some hot chocolate. “She started shaking and crying in her sleep. So Hayley and I did a mind dive with our vampire powers. But all we saw was a bright blue light and then some darkness. Here you go honey, drink this.” Andrea groaned when he helped her sit up and drink the warm liquid he had for her. 

“Well that sounds like an ordinary witch torture spell to me.” Klaus scoffed putting his hands in the pocket of his black jacket. 

Hayley glanced up at me once she looked at her little girl. “Raelyn, could you maybe siphon whatever is inside her away?” 

“Uh oh. Hayley I don’t think that would work exactly.” Wrapping my arms around myself I clicked my tounge in regret. “Our power doesn’t work that way. Yes we can siphon magic but I don’t think we can siphon away simple nightmares.” 

She drops down beside her daughter when she starts mumbling something we couldn’t place. “Andrea, sweetheart. What’s wrong?” 

“Mom. Dad?” Missy called our attention away from the three, “Can you hear them, too?” 

Klaus stepped towards her, bending down on a knee. “What's going on?” 

Moving to stand by him I asked the girls. “Look at me. Tell me what you heard.” 

Alina mumbles quietly. “Voices. They said that we're connected to this. Us and Andrea.The witches. The Ancestors. They have a message for us. A warning.” 

“Tell me what they said, Lina.” Klaus placed a hand on her cheek. 

Hope finished looking directly at me and Nik. “They want you to go to St. Anne's Church to talk to them. They said you have to do exactly what they say, and you have to do it now.” 

Andrea moaned in agony finishing the message. “Before the Hollow comes for us.” 

Hayley turns on her heels kissing her daughter’s forehead coming back over to us about to leave until Klaus grabbed her by her arm. “Where do you think you are going, little wolf?”

“Look, it's my daughter’s life we are talking about. So if you and Raelyn are going to learn about this thing then I am coming with you.” She snapped, lifting her head upwards to his. 

He released her wrist gesturing towards the doorway. “Ladies first then.” 

The three of us entered the church not seeing anyone here. Hayley mumbles stopping beside me. “It's quiet.” 

“Of course it's quiet. It's a trap.” Klaus rolled his eyes. 

She remains hopeful. “We don't know that.” 

“New Orleans witches have hated my family for three centuries. Of course it's a trap.” My husband teased her. 

“The coven protects their own.” Hayley spoke towards him. “You’re girls and mine is one of them now. She's part of their legacy.”