We're Screwed

Entering the bar it was packed with people with some who sent us confused looks at bringing children in here. Until Caroline compelled the manager to not think of anything of it. Sitting the girls down at a table close to the stage Missy pointed to some microphones. "What are those for, mom?"

"Karaoke night." I told her simply.

Hope sat down on one of the chairs. "You should sing mommy."

"Oh no I don't think so." Shaking my head I didn't think it was a good idea.

Caroline walked forward taking my hand in hers dragging me towards the stage. "Oh come on, Rae. It can be fun and like I said you deserve some fun in your life." Once our feet hit the stage I gulped remembering the last time I was on a stage.

"Woo go Rae. Care!" Jaocb hollers from the table with the girls sitting around with him. He raised a bottle in his hand seeing he had already gotten some bourbon for the night.

Pushing hair behind my ear I sighed, taking a hold of the microphone. Caroline grabbed her microphone then intertwined my hand with her free one grinning. "You've got this."

Cami wasn't working the bar that night so Rebekah brought us out for drinks that she was paying for. We found a table near the stage seeing the band getting everything set up for karaoke. "Ohhh I love karaoke!" Rebekah cheered.

"Then you should go up there." I suggested downing a shot licliing my lips at the bitter taste of tequila.

Cami leans her elbows on the table looking at me curiously. "Raelyn, do you sing?"

"When it was just me and Jaocb alone in our room. Otherwise, no." Shrugging my shoulders I shifted my gaze to Rebekah.

She downed another shot pushing me towards the stage. I looked over my shoulder seeing that they were both smiling. "Okay here we go I guess.....I figured it out. I figured it out from black and white. Seconds and hours. Maybe they had to take some time. I know how it goes. I know how it goes from wrong and right. Silence and sound. Did they ever hold each other tight like us?. Did they ever fight like us? You and I, we don't wanna be like them. We can make it 'til the end. Nothing can come between you and I. Not even the Gods above. Can separate the two of us. No, nothing can come between you and I. Oh, you and I. I figured it out. Saw the mistakes of up and down. Meet in the middle. There's always room for common ground."

"I see what it's like. I see what it's like for day and night. Never together. 'Cause they see things in a different light like us. They never tried like us. You and I, we don't wanna be like them. We can make it 'til the end." I paused, shifting my gaze towards the door to the bar.

The door shut before I noticed that Klaus had come inside. A huge smile graced my face when he ran towards the stage coming up beside me and taking the other microphone singing with me. "Nothing can come between you and I. Not even the Gods above. Can separate the two of us. (Two of us, two of us, two of us, two of us). 'Cause you and I. We don't wanna be like them. We can make it 'til the end."

"Nothing can come between you and I. Not even the Gods above. Can separate the two of us. No, nothing can come between you and I. You and I. Oh, you and I.... " I turned to face him and he did the same to me before we slowly closed the gap ignoring the crowd watching us. Klaus leaned forward pressing his lips onto mine. I smiled moving forward one hand up to grab his jacket kissing back briefly whispering the last line of the song silently to him. "Oh, you and I. We could make it if we try, you and I. Oh, you and I."

The people in the bar started clapping but he tugged me through the crowd. We ended up outside on the streets until we jumped up landing on the high railing looking over the city and the bright lights of New Orleans. "I want to ask you something, Nik. When was the moment that you knew you were in love with me?"