Evening in the French Quarter

Strolling through the busy streets with my brother being in this city again. Everything felt different from the last time we were here. My hair was getting blown everywhere with me and Jacob holding the other hand. "I can't believe that I am actually here. I came back from the dead and know I am here."

"Well it's a lot to take in at first. And here's a tip from my first experience. Don't use magic here. Witches aren't allowed to do magic." I warned him glancing up at my twin since he was slightly taller than me.

There was some band playing on the corner street that we passed until we entered a bar. I noticed that there was a blonde bartender smiling in our direction so I walked over to her. "I recognize you. You came in here with the hundred dollar bill guy. I'm Cami."

"Raelyn and this is my twin brother Jacob." I grabbed his shoulder, dropping our hands where he waved to her.

She dropped her smile a little. "Oh that's great. I used to have a twin but I lost him."

"I'm sorry. We recently lost each other too." I responded back struggling through tears knowing that losing a sibling was hard.

She flipped her hair over her shoulders wiping away some tears handing us a drink menu. "It's alright. Now I unfortunately don't have anymore Gumbo. But I have been told I am a good bartender. So what can I get you?"

"Two Margaritas." Jacob said handing her some money and paying her a good tip for when we left.

Downing the shot I clicked my tongue dragging him outside until we rounded the corner coming face to face with Hayley who immediately embraced Jacob grinning. "Jacob, hey I was hoping to find you."

"Yeah sorry. I got caught up with my sister." He hugged her back squeezing her shoulders staring back at me. "Uh this is my sister Raelyn. Raelyn, this is Hayley."

Raising my hand I waved to her. "We've met. But what I don't understand is why she's looking for you exactly?"

"Well the easiest explanation is..." Jacob trailed off intertwining his hand with hers smiling weakly at me giving me the answer that I was searching for. "We might have gotten close the night you told me to go to the Grill."

Crossing my arms over my chest I smiled bending my head down not believing that he had picked up a girl that fast. I mean he was always a people person but I didn't think he would be that fast. "Wow. Jacob I don't know what to say. I mean of course I am happy for you. But at the same time I thought my relationship with Nik went super fast and now here I am pregnant."

"I hope it isn't too weird." He mumbled before I pulled him in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around me slightly, pulling away from the embrace. "But now that you know, maybe you can help us out with something."

Shifting my gaze over to the brunette girl I questioned softly. "And what exactly do you need my help with?"

"I'm looking for my family. Someone told me that they used to live in this city. Jacob said that you are always willing to help a friend out." She explains giving me a look from her soft brown eyes looking at me.

Clicking my tongue I shoved my hands in the red leather jacket I was wearing I nodded. "Sure. Do you know their last name?"

"Mine is Marshall." She said,

Opening my hands for her to take, I eyed her where she placed her hands in mine. "I can't do magic right now. But I can track pretty well. Let's start in the Quarter and work our way from there." It was nightfall by the time we had been through most of the city and no one seemed to recognize who her family was. Hayley sat down on a bench with Jacob while I leaned against the back of it hearing someone coming up on us.