A Mikaelson Thanksgiving

Moving my head to the side of a pillow that I could feel underneath my head I moaned. Blinking my eyes open I saw someone staring at me that was a blurry figure until they spoke to me. "I was beginning to think that witch knocked the daylights out of you."

"Klaus...how do you know about that?" I asked shifting my body upright on the pillows.

He lifted his gaze upward to meet my tired eyes. "Freya told me that you two went to find Rebekah. But she lost the way to bring Kol back. That's nothing we need to worry about now though."

"Then what do we worry about exactly?" I questioned hugging my legs to my chest.

He moved his right hand forward placing his palm over my hand twirling my wedding ring. "You seem to have misunderstood my feelings towards Aurora. I'm here to try and change that. Cause I can't take anymore time where you won't talk to me."

"Nik, I don't want to hear this right now. If you want to be with your old flame then go. I remember the feeling when I thought I was never going to see you again. The terror and relief all mixed together and built up inside you. Where you just have to let it all snap-"

He covered my mouth with his hand shutting me up resting his forehead against mine. "Sssh my beautiful love. Aurora may be an old flame but she is nothing compared to you. She never brought out the light in me like you do."

"Klaus, stop-" He held a finger over my mouth making me actually listen to what he was saying.

"No Raelyn you need to hear me out even if for a second. You have given me everything I never thought was open to having. You are there to bring out the light in me that I thought was gone. You are my heart and soul. You are the part of me that is human."

Drawing my head back I covered my mouth with my hands giggling through happy tears. "Klaus, okay. I believe you."

"No I don't think you do, Rae. It wouldn't be enough to tell you how much you have changed me. Not in a century, not in a thousand years or even an eternity with you will ever be enough." He intertwined both my hands with his bringing my left hand to kiss the palm. "Aurora, isn't the woman sitting in front of me. Aurora, isn't the woman I proposed to with her grandmother's ring. And Aurora, most certainly isn't the amazing mother who gave me my extraordinary children. That was all you Raelyn Primrose Lane. It will only ever be you by my side for eternity."

I moved forward, crashing my lips onto his wrapping my arms around his neck instantly. He moaned into the kiss running one hand into my hair and the other falling onto my back. He gently pushed me onto my back on the mattress breaking the kiss with us both panting. "I love you, Niklaus Mikaelson."

"And I you, Raelyn Mikaelson." He nuzzled his nose against mine planting a kiss there smiling the biggest smile I had ever seen. "Just for the future if you ever doubt who holds my heart just ask. And I will be sure to show you just how worthy you are to me."

Someone came up the stairs knocking on the door before we could go back to having a heated make out session. "Niklaus, our guests are arriving."

"Guests, what are you up to now?" I questioned when we both sat up and I noticed a light blue dress hanging in the closet with some tan flats for me.

He offered me his hand tugging me up to stand when he kissed the crown of my head vamping out of the room. "My brother and I are going to attempt to get Rebekah back home. I'll meet you downstairs, Rae."

Lucien noticed someone new walking in with a thing of flowers, sitting them on the table. "Ah, flowers for me. You shouldn't have."

The man looked in my direction when I slowly came down the long staircase. "That's for the lady of the house. The well-mannered bring a gift when invited to dinner. I assume you brought nothing.