One Day of Peace

I felt someone tracing patterns on my bare shoulder. Shifting my body around, I attempted to go back to sleep. But the action only trailed down my back where I finally opened my eyes. "How long have you been waiting for me to wake up exactly?"

Klaus was staring down at me with the biggest smile I have ever seen. "Long enough to know what I wanted to do last night all over again for the rest of our lives." His dirty blonde hair was a curly mess and if you looked at mine you would say the same.

"Well I would certainly enjoy that. But I just want to stay right here and take advantage of the morning without screaming children." I laid my head back in the crook of his neck.

He shifted where we were facing each other against my grumbles that he shouldn't have moved. He held himself up by his left elbow. "I'm sorry you had to deal with them all on your own. If anything you shouldn't have to lift a finger for the next six years of their lives."

"Oh hell no. I can't leave their teenage years in the hands of you. I love you honey but I don't think you want to talk about a woman's monthly cycle and all that." I shook my head seeing that he cleared his throat when I mentioned it.

He clicked his tongue leaning forward and kissed me slowly. "I suppose you can lift a finger to that. But otherwise you should be treated like a queen."

"You do that enough already. Besides, you also would have to deal with little Andrea." I warned him shifting up so I could kiss him until the burning sage smell was dying out in the corner of the room.

Klaus pulled back suggesting to me with a raised brow draping his arm around my waist tugging me closer to him if that was even possible. "We could always just get a separate house away from my siblings. That way we would never have to worry about being too noisy...cause I rather like hearing you moan my name and everything in between." He moved to hover above me where I fell onto my back smiling up at him.

His wounds had healed over which was a good sign that he was back to his old self. He leans down kissing me gently, smiling into the kiss. "Honestly I wish we could just stay in this bed forever. Yet we have daughters to remember about."

"Five more minutes, Raelyn please." He begged me, breaking the kiss showing me his puppy dog eyes.

Without giving him a chance to react I vamped him onto his back. He parted his lips with my hair falling all around crazy and I was the one on top. "Ten more minutes, Klaus." He pressed his lips onto mine running his fingers through my locks. Resting my hands on his chest I deepened the kiss where we both moaned into the kiss and we went another round of last night until the sage was completely burnt out.

Finally we got out of the bed where I shrugged on some dark jeans and some coral tenna shoes. Shrugging a light green shirt over my head I left my hair loose. Klaus slipped on some black jeans and boots with one of his gray henley long sleeve shirts. We headed down the stairs seeing that everyone else was out on the main porch except for Hayley since she was going to wake the girls from their naps. Leaning against the white wooden fence Kol smirked in our direction. "I assume someone enjoyed themselves last night. We could smell the amount of sage you were burning Raelyn."

"Kol..." I cleared my throat feeling my face turn red.

Klaus wrapped an arm around my waist glaring at his brother when he just kept going on. "Tell me, Nik. Was Raelyn dominant or you last night-"

"Ask anyone questions about our sexual relationship and I'll dagger you!" Klaus threatened him. "Raelyn and I were simply making up for lost time. I think you should all understand that."

Kol took a drink from his Bourbon changing the subject. "What's the holdup? All right, we rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger...Why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez?" He moved taking the newspaper from Elijah. "You can catch up on the last five years when we're on our way... I assure you you haven't missed much."