Who Makes Him Human

Sitting on the couch in the living room I ran my fingers against my forehead feeling a headache coming on. It had been a full twenty four hours and neither of us had any drops of blood. "At least when we were babysitting Damon we were giving him blood every few hours. Yet here we are slowly being drained."

"I'm sorry for this happening to you, Raelyn. I should have told you and Jacob to stay at the house." He said leaning against the side of the couch watching me with a defeated look.

Turning my head in his direction I reached for his hand intertwining my smaller one with his. "It's not your fault, Nik. You didn't know it was a trap. Now let's talk about something else to distract me from the miracle triplets kicking my organs!"

"Are you okay? I can give you my blood." He moved around bending on a knee in front of me. His blue eyes fixated on mine.

Squeezing his hand that was holding mine I shook my head sending him a smile. Every time it was just us together alone he was always more sensitive around me. Showing me the caring side that was one of the reasons I loved him. "Stop worrying babe. Just talk to me. Oh how about baby names. I mean we're not gonna just name them with the drop of a hat are we?""

"My suggestion would be to not name any of them Esther or Mikael and you know why." He pointed out with a raised brow. "Maybe a mini Raelyn wouldn't be bad."

Tapping my other hand on my knee thinking up a name. "I do like the names Jenny, Ewan, Ally or maybe Joseph?"

"I don't care. Honestly I just want you to get everything you deserve. So name our children whatever you want. I'll love them regardless." Nik declared grabbing my other hand in his smiling unit it dropped quickly.

Biting my lip I clicked my tongue hearing someone enter the Gilbert house from behind us. "Hello Tyler. I didn't take you as someone to be a lurking hybrid. But then again you didn't stick around to watch your fellow hybrids try and kill me now did you?"

"You are making my mother suffer in pain and he helped you cause it all." He growled in my direction standing in front of the kitchen counter on the side we couldn't reach.

Crossing my arms over my chest I flipped my hair over my shoulders. "You kidnapped me and made your hybrid friends actually kill me."

Footsteps came up to the front door opening it and revealing Caroline and my twin brother entering inside. She shut the door behind her where my brother came towards me stopping at the edge of the barrier. "Rae, I didn't find a way to break the spell but I thought this would help you out."

"Oh thank you, J." He tossed me a bag of his blood across the line and into my hands.

Caroline noticed her boyfriend watching us. "Come home. Don't stoop to his level."

Tyler growled shifting his gaze from Klaus's and then onto mine. "He destroyed my life. I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill him myself."

"Fine. You can gloat and multitask. This place is a disaster. Starting with a horrific burnt corpse." They cover Kol's corpse.

Klaus points out at us seeing that we were both on our knees wishing we could break the dang barrier spell. "Raelyn's brother is helping her. Why not call Bonnie and get her to let me out of here."

Caroline crossed her arms over her chest. "I will never, ever, help you."

"How quickly you forget the part where I saved Tyler from the misery of being a werewolf. Or the night your mother invited me into her home to save the life of her precious daughter." My boyfriend taunted her.

"How delusional are you? Lets not forget that we're standing in a house where Elena's Aunt Jenna used to live. Or did you think that your charm would make us forget how you killed her, too? You know what? No. I am not going to engage in this. You are not even worth the calories I burn talking to you." She's close enough so he stakes her and takes her. He bites her, drinking her blood and releases her. She falls on the ground beside my feet.