Changes under the Moon

The wedding reception starts pretty well given the fact that we are trying to make it memorable and make sure not as many people are around when we take Alina out to the bayou. Klaus and I sat at one of the tables watching Alina and Jackson enter the room. "To Mr and Mrs. Keener!" My husband raised his wine glass and everyone followed with cheers.

I took a long sip of my drink before I saw our baby girl coming over to us. She sticks out her hand for her dad, sending him a smirk. "I guess we need to see who's the better dancer huh dad. Since we have to do a daddy-daughter dance."

"Indeed we will." He placed his hand in hers letting her pull him up from the chair and onto the dance floor. "We'll see if you step on my feet like your mother did."

Jumping up to my feet I waved my fingers toward my husband. "Don't be putting lies in her head about me, Niklaus. You said that you didn't mind if I stepped on your toes!"

"I'm kidding, Rae. I love you!" He called over his shoulder, sending me a cheeky grin before he turned to face his daughter. Alina put one hand on his shoulder and the other was on his forearm since she wasn't as tall as him. He put one hand on her waist and the other on her shoulder before they slowly started spinning in circles.

I had to admit that she was a far better dancer than I was. So she clearly got her dance moves from her father and not me. Klaus raised his hand twirling his daughter underneath him where she giggled at him. "Mom, come dance with us."

She called my name when I got up from my seat watching Klaus spin Alina into Jackson's waiting arms. Slowly walking over to my husband he extended his hand out to me. "Don't be angry with me for teasing you a few minutes ago. I would gladly let you dance on my feet everyday so long as it makes you happy."

Nik intertwined our hands together where our eyes focused on one another swaying to the music. "And you can't be mad if I start calling you Santa Klaus when Christmas comes around. I have missed too many years and holidays with you." Putting one hand on his shoulder he moved one to my waist pressing me as close as we possibly could.

"I believe this might be our song, Rae." Nik whispered where I used my vampire hearing certain lyrics.

And I need you to know that we're falling so fast. We're falling like the stars. Falling in love. And I'm not scared to say those words, with you, I'm safe. We're falling like the stars. We're falling in love.

I swear to God, I can see. Four kids and no sleep. We'll have one on each knee. You and me, hmm. And when they've grown up. You're still the girl in the club. When I held your hair up. 'Cause you had too much.

"Maybe but I think there's a better one for you and me." Giggling through a smile I spun Klaus underneath my arm and we actually managed to not drop him on the floor like we had so many times.

Nik hummed hearing a new song come on from the band he had paid to play and not ask questions about performing for a house full of vampires and werewolves. "Oh I see what you mean...this one is much more suited for us."

The day that I met you. The world had just spit me out. On my way to the bottom. Sure I'd never be found. Then you saw me for me. Made me believe in myself. On the day that I met you. It all turned around.

You said close your eyes. Don't look down

Fall into me and I'll catch you, darlin. We'll dance in the street like nobody's watching. It's just you and me and the song on repeat in my head

Playing over and over. I'm drunk on your voice high on the moment. I'd fall for you twice if that's what you wanted. I'd give you my life from now 'til forever. I'm falling in love with you. Over and over again