One Last Hurrah

Author - oh my gosh I honestly don't know how this chapter got to become so long. I am so proud of myself for doing 3,279 words!!

Melvia-ito

"If you refuse to hold still Rae we will be here all day. So please hold still." Klaus chuckled in my direction moving his paintbrush across the board since he was insisting on painting me before we bothered waking my mother and linking my life to his forever.

He had me sitting on one of the large coaches that was near the fireplace that had a burning fire in it even though this house full of vampires didn't get cold. My hair was slightly waving, falling down my shoulders with me wearing one of his shirts since I didn't have to hide the black darkness veins from him anymore, which was paired with some ripped jeans and some black combat boots. "I can't help it. In case you have forgotten I am used to having to live everyday on the run. So forgive me if I can't remain still for a portrait."

He shook his head, returning to focus on the painting smirking at me. "After today we will have all the time in the world. So where would you like to go first, love?"

"You're the one who has been alive for a thousand years. What was your favorite place in the universe?" I asked him to intertwine my hands together in my lap.

The hybrid paused his actions coming to stand in front of me tapping the paintbrush in the air like he really needed to think about it but he already knew. "New Orleans."

"Then that's where we shall go, together forever." I held up my pinky to him with a smirk on my face.

"Together forever." He declares looping his pinky around mine turning back to the painting grinning ear to ear hearing someone coming into the room. "What took you so long?"

Rebekah revealed a white oak stake from behind her back. "Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake. Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

Klaus asked her, sitting the brush down facing her. "That's it?"

Rebekah said back. "Last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors, or shall I?" He takes it and throws it in the fireplace where I watched the stake burn in the heat of the flames knowing that he wouldn't have to worry about someone with the ability to kill him anymore.

"Pack your bags. We're leaving." He clasped his hands together walking over to me wrapping his arms around me from behind resting his chin on my shoulder. "Raelyn has picked our new home. New Orleans."

Rebekah knits her brows together at him."Today?"

Klaus lifted his head up slightly. "Why not? There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelganger and be off by sunset. The only thing we must do is get Rae's mother to perform a little linking spell so that she can spend an eternity by my side."

"And goodbye to my psycho Coven trying to make me their leader. I say we deserve a beer after the spell." I raised my hands in the air, hearing Nik chuckle in my ear kissing the crown of my head.

Rebekah slumped her shoulders in frustration not wanting to leave yet. "But tonight's the decade dance."

Klaus sent her a look. "So?"

Rebekah dropped her hands at her sides. "So I'm head of the committee. We have to go."

Klaus grumbled nuzzling his head into my neck until I lightly pushed him so he would give his attention to his sister." I'm not going to any dance."

Rebekah fought him. "Caroline will be there and Rae deserves to say goodbye to her. She also deserves to spend one night at a school dance too."

Klaus grumbled not fazed. "That means nothing to me."