My Life Or Theirs

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I stretched my arms and legs out blinking a few times before rolling over onto my side screaming lightly seeing Nik laying beside me intensely staring. "Ah! Klaus, what is wrong with you. Why do you have to be a stalker?"

"Apparently I need to be one when my girlfriend is keeping secrets from me. But how about we start this over. Good morning Rae, did you sleep well last night?" He asked me not moving from his spot on the bed.

Sitting upright a little I made a face at him trying to lie to the hybrid in front of me. "What are you talking about? I didn't lie about anything?"

"I may not be able to compel it out of you, Raelyn. But I will find ways to get you to tell me the truth somehow." He threatened me with those blue eyes reaching for my wrist.

Yanking my wrist away from him I scotted away holding in my breath knowing that he could hear my heartbeat if I wasn't careful. "There's nothing going on, Nik. And you would never hurt me. I don't believe in your heart to."

"Maybe so...but how do you explain these?" He vamped me onto my back pinning my wrists above my head pulling down the sleeves of my sleep shirt bringing the veins to his view.

My gaze met his eyes where I finally released the breath I was holding in. "I can explain..."

"Please do, love. You've got exactly five seconds before I go hunting down your witch cousin and find a way to make her tell me." He growls in my face flashing me his werewolf eyes.

Shifting my body around I grunted not being able to break away from his grip so I huffed sending him a look. "Nik, if you let me go I'll tell you everything I know alright."

"Fine. You better not be lying to me." He released my wrists letting me sit up and he sat in front of me waiting for me to start talking.

Rolling my shoulders I clasp my hands together in my lap rolling up my sleeves so he could see the veins again. Scanning my gaze down my arms I noticed that the veins started at my wrist and kept going up from there. "They started appearing when I siphoned the ritual spell your mother was using to kill you all. I thought they would go away but they didn't and now every time I use my magic at all more appear. I'm sorry for not telling you but I went to Jo first thinking she would have a fix."

"And did she have a solution?" He asked, scanning his eyes over the black lines turning his hands into fists trying to not lose his temper.

Reaching up for my necklace I needed to make it a tasliment before things got out of hand like they did with Esther. "She did."

"Well cough it up love." He declared throwing a hand out my direction.

Dropping my hand I sighed in annoyance at his tone. "Don't get angry with me or I'll never tell you. She told me that she couldn't find any other solution except to have another siphon remove it from me and then we could place the dark magic into something else."

"Brilliant, then we need to go look for someone from your Coven and force them to help." He rose to his feet turning towards the door.

Shutting my eyes I raised my voice clutching my hands into fists. "Klaus stop. We're not contacting anyone in my Coven because we already have a siphon witch at our disposal. She's in your basement where you keep the blood bags."

"That's your mother?" He smirked, placing his hands over mine. "Then let's go and fix your problem." I didn't make any move to get off the bed where he raised a brow at me. "Love, what's running through your head?"

Avoiding his gaze I muttered weakly. "I'm not asking for her help, Klaus. I tried to do it a few days ago when you brought Bonnie over to unlink you all but I don't trust her."