a night on my own

the night was december 7, 1974, exactly one month after george and i began dating. we were at hurtwood edge, eric clapton's house for a party. of course that meant my boyfriend's ex was going to be in attendance, and while i was already insecure, seeing her was going to set my anxiety off. i tried to keep my distaste for her at a minimum because i knew that she was still very much friendly with my georgie, but that was a different story.

george and i got ready like we always did, together. it wasn't necessarily a sexual thing, but a very special thing we liked to do. we got into the black limousine and made our way over to eric's place. upon arrival, the fair haired woman was standing outside, smoking a cigarette, eyeing the limousine that george and i were in.

our chauffeur faizan parked and george and i stepped out of the vehicle, paying him a hefty tip. george placed his hand on my lower back while he chaperoned me ahead of him. the woman looked at george, while he looked back at her. their eyes meeting briefly.

she smirked a bit putting out her ciggy, making george smirk a bit. i couldn't see them looking at one another and to be honest i didn't care. i did, but i didn't want to admit it.

throughout the party, george introduced me to his pals, and other friends of his but he never introduced me to his ex. he would speak to her, but never with me. i found that a bit strange, but i tried to brush it off.

***
during the party, i was walking out of the bathroom, in search of george. i couldn't find him anywhere. i looked everywhere and even went to the guests he introduced me to earlier to see if anyone had any leads on where he could be.

"oh he's in the garden with pattie." one guest named jim keltner told me while i looked at him befuddled,

"who's pattie?" i questioned.

"oh, that's his ex wife. you didn't know that?" he asked, raising a brow.

"no, george never spoke about her to me. i didn't even meet her and we're in the same place." i pointed out.

"ahhh well good luck julia. she's a nice girl." he rambled while i nodded,

"well thanks jim!" i smiled, walking off.

"don't mention it." he replied, going to get another drink.

i walked through the house until i found the doors leading to the secluded garden. it was a cute looking sight, with fountains and flowers everywhere, i felt like alice compared to the largeness of this estate.

it was very quiet, but i could hear indistinct chattering. it was george and a female, who i figured out was pattie. they were giggling and whispering something inaudible to me. i wanted to spy, so i squatted in a nearby hedge and watched the two of them discreetly.

"pats, i miss you so much. julia is great and all, but she's not you. i should have never done those horrible things to you baby." he sighed, while she rubbed his lap.

"i miss you too george. eric isn't half of what you were. we were soulmates, babe." she whispered, leaning in to kiss him gently.

he returned the favor while i shifted, stepping on a twig, "fuck!" i hissed in a whisper while george and pattie looked over,

"whose there?!" george called out, making me scrunch my face up. i wavered confronting him, ultimately i decided on waiting to see if anything else transpired.

the two of them shrugged as their kissing intensified. she gently pushed him down, while she ran her petite hands down his body, grasping the buckle to his white khakis. she smirked unzipping his zipper, while george's breathing hitched.

she pulled his cock out, peppering it with kitten kisses, making george inhale sharply. he rolled his eyes back while she slid her mouth onto him.

"fuck pattie! i've missed this!" he bellowed. she chuckled a bit as her head bobbed up and down. i watched from behind that bush, feeling sick to my stomach.

i couldn't handle this much longer. with one deep breath, i stepped out from behind that shrub, betrayed and broken, "how could you?!" i yelled, my voice making pattie accidentally bite george's dick. he yelped while she slid her mouth off.

"julia!" he shouted while she sat up, wiping the corners of her mouth. i began to tear up as i backed up, bursting into tears as i ran through the doors, through the party, trying to find the front door.

"julia wait!" george yelled while pattie glanced at him,

"good luck getting out of this one." she laughed while george zipped his pants up, glaring at her,

"good luck with your career." he rolled his eyes, taking off after me.

by this point, i had escaped through the front door, waving down a passing cab as i hopped in, "23 cavern ave please." i sobbed while the driver glanced at me,

"lady are you alright?" he gently asked. i shook my head as i hung my head in the palms of my hands,

"no. just step on it please?" i pleaded while he nodded, stepping on it. i wept the whole ride back to my apartment as i stared out the window. once i pulled up, i gave the guy, who i got to know as nick, a hefty tip before running up to my front door.

i unlocked my door and slammed it behind me, before locking it, sliding down as i sobbed and screamed. how could i have been so stupid?! he was a gosh damn beatle who was married to a model! i saw what she looked like! she was gorgeous compared to me. i hated him, i hated her, i hated myself. i threw my belongings across the floor, kicking my shoes off when my landline rang. i jumped at the sound of it as i trudged to my feet, slumping over to my phone,

"hi." i answered flatly. it was the asshole himself, george fucking harrison.

"julia! thank God you answered where are you?-." he began before i hung up.

he furrowed his brows together as he called me back. i groaned a loud before answering again, "what do you want george? are you gonna tell me what it was like to get your dick sucked by your ex?! you're a real piece of shit and i never want to see or hear from you again so don't bother!"

he remained silent on the other end while i egged on, "what are you at a loss for words? thought so. fuck you george harrison." i spat before slamming my phone down.

he pulled the phone from his ear before raising a brow to look at the fact that i had hung up again. he shed a lonely tear, got into his car, and drove to my address.

**
i was getting out of the shower when i heard a knock at my door. i jumped and went to go see who it was. i nearly died, it was george. i was too scared to open it, so i spoke shyly through the door, "go away or ill call the police! you're harassing me." i threatened while he simply replied,

"just open up so i can explain what happened."

"no need to explain anything. i watched and heard the whole thing. now, kindly, get the fuck off my property!" i replied, my voice full of browbeat.

"just open the fucking door julia!" george cussed, getting very annoyed.

"ugh fine!" i grunted, opening it. he walked inside while i shut the door, keeping my hand on the knob just in case he tried something.

"it was a mistake." he began before i shook my head,

"no, getting with a beatle was a mistake. now get the fuck out." i swore, watching georges demeanor change.

he began to get more upset with me than angry or defensive. he threw his hands up in defeat and looked into my eyes, "it was impulsivity."

"clearly." i quipped through lidded eyes

"julia.."

"just please go. i have a lot to think about." i heeded.

"but i-."

"JUST GO!" i shouted as he got the hint and made for the door.

i let him out as i locked the door watching him leave for the last time.

***
a few months later, i was still single but had noticed george began dating someone named olivia and only hoped that if there was another party at hurtwood edge, i would be there sucking his dick.