i didn't write that for you

the year was 1969, and the beatles had been working on their eleventh album, titled 'abbey road' and it was due to hit stores soon. i was super excited for this album to be released, because my husband of three years, george supposedly wrote a song for me that made it on the album! he had came home the day he wrote it and played it for me in the kitchen of our shared home.

"baby this is absolutely beautiful! thank you for this." i smiled while george sheepishly blushed,

"you're welcome julia. it's all for you." he looked down, smiling gently.

i walked up to him, kissing him softly as he pulled away, " 'it's called something'." he whispered against my lips, before kissing me again.

i giddied kissing him again, "well i absolutely love it."

****
a few years later george and i had divorced. things between us had been alright and all, but there was still a part of me that wanted him back.

on this particular day, george was set to go on an interview and of course i was going to watch it. i made sure to tune in a bit earlier and just wait until my ex husband grazed my screen.

soon it began..

"hello everyone! thank you for tuning in this windy wednesday afternoon! it's april 2, 1977, and i'm here with musical icon george harrison! wave hi to the camera george!" the interviewer, darlene dotson smiled while i tilted my head looking at my ex, who now wore his hair long and curly, and his mustache trimmed. i hardly recognized him. i crossed my legs as the interview carried on.

"..so there's a lot of speculation in regards to your 1969 hit song 'something'. a lot of people say you wrote the song for your ex wife julia gardner. is that true? or is it just another one of those baseless rumours?" she inquired, gnawing on the tip of her pen.

it was here george sucked in air as he blew it out quickly, that seemed strange to me. i turned the tv up a bit, before crossing my arms awaiting his answer.

he let out a breathy chuckle before shrugging, "it's not about julia. i may have told her at a point in time that it was for her, but darlene if i'm being honest, i was thinking about ray charles when i wrote it."

darlene nodded as she jotted that down. i couldn't believe what i had just heard. it wasn't about me? why would he lie to me?! i was upset more than anything, and all i wanted was to talk to him face to face.

"well certainly you have one song about your ex?" she pressed on as george dismissively replied,

"yeah, isn't it a pity." he laughed.

darlene fake laughed as the interview ended some time after. i shut my tv off, hurt. i couldn't believe that entitled asshole! i quickly pulled out my phone and dialed his number. after some time, he replied,

"yyyellow?!" george answered, rudely.

"yellow? yeah, hi george. i just saw your little interview, what do you mean something wasn't written for me?" i asked, trying not to break down over the phone.

"just what i said julia. i didn't write it for you. get over it, it's just a song. i'm sure eric will write a song about you. until then though, stop calling me. i have a new life with olivia, and i am very happy. i don't need you ruining it with your abrupt calls. goodnight." he spat back, but right before he could hang up. i broke down into tears.

"you don't have to be so mean! and i'm so very sorry i left you for eric! maybe if you weren't burying your balls into maureen i would've stayed! and fuck you for bringing olivia into this. that's just what you do, huh? get pissed off at me, so you bring your little girlfriend into it, to try and rub it in my face. well you know what george? i don't care about you or her or your stupid song! we all know eric is the better lyricist and guitarist! so i hope you're happy and i hope you think about me the next time you lay down with her!" i quipped, hanging up as i cried harder.

george wasn't so happy about me dissing his guitar skills, so he drove over to my place. he knew eric was out of town, so he didn't have to worry about any interruptions. i was cleaning my living room when i heard a knock at my door. i went to get it, opening it to see george standing there.

"oh! what are you doing here?" i questioned, furrowing my brows together.

"julia, i came here to hear you take back what you said about my guitar skills. you know how insecure i am about them!" he replied.

"well, you know how much i hate hearing about olivia. guess we're even. goodbye george." i quipped, trying to shut the door, only to have him stop it.

"what do you want?" he begged, while i glanced at him.

"you to get off my property." i hissed.

"julia, look i'm sorry about the song, i'm sorry i brought up olivia, i'm sorry we didn't work out. what more can i do?" he pleaded.

"well for starters you can apologize for lying to me! you should've just told me the truth. i mean what the fuck!" i hissed.

"you're right. i'm sorry." he replied, looking down at me.

"it's fine, bye now." i nodded.

george stopped the door again, shoving it open as he pulled me in by the waist, kissing me instantly. i kissed him back as i pulled him into my house. i slammed the door close, intensifying the kiss between us. george pulled away, gasping for air, immediately pulling me back in for another long unbroken kiss.

soft moans left our mouths as we traveled upstairs. we made it into the bedroom, pulling away only to undress ourselves, before we kissed again, finding refuge underneath the covers. we rolled around, moaning, tugging for each other. we spent hours lost in one another before we released our pent up tension.

soon it was time to say goodbye, "it was nice seeing you." i giggled, readjusting my shirt.

"yeah you too. you were truly something." he winked as i laughed, kissing him as he left. i closed my door and went to turn the song on.