quit playing me

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️: BULLYING
*****
i was the outcast in high school. the weirdo, the one everyone typically avoided, i was just that girl. that all changed when i met george harrison, or so i thought. he came in and swept me off my feet when no one else around seemed to care. i saw myself falling in love with him and i thought he felt the same.

well, it was march 12, 1959 when i was at my locker. george had just walked into school and was talking to his friends, john, paul, arthur, and james when i walked past them, when arthur stuck out his foot, tripping me. i went flying forwards as my books and backpack spilled all over the floor.

the lads erupted into laughter as i sat up, my face a beet red. i looked around to see if anyone had seen my fall, and it turned out that everyone had seen it. i could hear the laughs piercing the deafening silence that surrounded my humiliation as i stood up running down the hall to my class.

"God, what a klutz!" arthur chuckled while george looked at him slyly,

"that wasn't cool dude." he spat.

"woah! are you defending that clumsy mess?" he challenged.

" 'course not! i think you're just dragging it on that's all." george responded grimly.

this made the boys arch an eyebrow while john cleared his throat, "i have an idea!"

"tell us." james gleamed.

"i bet george doesn't have the balls to take that hot mess out for one night! i bet you don't have the balls to get her to blow you off either." john smirked.

the boys began teasing him as george grew infuriated, "yes i do!" he barked.

"then prove it to us." paul laughed.

"fine i'll do it now." he stormed off to find me.

**
i was crying outside on the bleachers, tending to my scraped knee. i had hated being at this school! everyone was either super pompous or too much to themselves and i didn't fall in between. i sniffed to myself when i heard a faint voice,

"hey." he mumbled. i glanced over at him, turning my body from him, scooting away,

"what do you want? to push me off the bleachers now?" i scoffed.

george sat down beside me as he touched my shoulder, "no," he whispered. i stopped what i was doing as i glanced over my shoulder to look into his brown eyes,

"then what is it?" i asked again, getting slightly irritated.

"i wanna take you out." he smiled, his crooked teeth showing.

now it was my turn to burst into laughter. i laughed so hard, i snorted like a pig while george furrowed his thick brows together, "i'm serious julia. i want to make it up to you. will you let me?"

as the two of us talked, i didn't notice georges friends watching over in the distance. they put a thumbs up while george nodded. i had finally quieted down while the friends watched the rest of the situation unfold.

"sure." i replied with a shrug.

"really?!" he gleamed.

"yeah i don't have much to do anyways." i beamed adjusting my dark purple glasses.

"perfect. does tonight sound good julia?" he shyly asked, fiddling with his thumbs. he was trying to hard to play the part, but i didn't pay attention to it.

"yeah." i grinned, kissing his cheek lightly. i pulled away with a blushing face before george winked, leaning in to kiss my cheek back,

"see you tonight at 7." he winked.