the stranger at the door

HEY GUYS! I'M BACK! I'M SO SORRY FOR THE HIATUS I'VE BEEN SO BUSY AND I'VE HAD KILLER WRITERS BLOCK BUT NOW IM BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER SO ENJOY THIS HORROR IMAGINE IN HONOR OF FALL APPROACHING! TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️: SCARY, STALKING, TORMENTING,
ANYWAYS ENJOY LOVE AND MISSED YOU ALL~ JULIA ❣️
**********
it was a colder night than usual, george and i were sitting by the fire cuddled up in one of the oversized blankets we had bought on one of our many trips. it was nights like this that made me cherish the times we'd spend alone. i laid there with my head resting on his shoulder when a soft knock came at our door. startling me a bit, george paused the tv looking down at me,

"who could that be?" he asked with a raised brow. i leaned up, shrugging a bit, before george swung the blankets back, standing up to go see who was at the door. he looked through the peephole seeing a disheveled young man, with ripped clothes and messy hair. he looked to be about 20-25 years old.

"hello? is anyone there? I crashed my car and i need to use a phone to call a tow truck or a friend. i don't know where my phone is." he spoke gravelly. george backed away from the door as i held his shirt lightly, "who's there?"

"Just some young man. he apparently crashed his car. should we let him use our phone?" george asked while i apprehensively nodded, "sure but he stays outside. he's not coming in here." I whispered as george nodded, opening the door.

"hello there, how can we help you?" george questioned. the young man glanced at us with confused eyes and a small smile, "can i use your phone please to call a tow truck? or a ride? i crashed my car." he asked, catching a glimpse of me. i looked at the man as I held onto my husbands shoulders,

"yes you may use our phone, here you go." i replied, sliding my cellphone out to give it to the young man. he took the phone from me, saying thank you as he began dialing a friends phone number. once he was done with my phone, he gave it back as george and i looked at him, "He said he'll be here soon, thanks again." he smiled, his teeth a yellowish color. he kinda gave me the creeps but he looked heavily intoxicated, so i gave him the benefit of the doubt.

"why don't you come in?" george offered as the young man grinned, "oh really?!" he smiled looking up at george and i. "sure!" i fake smiled as the man walked into our home. he trudged along to the couch, where he plopped down, kicking his shoes off. i wanted to vomit, his feet stunk of piss and alcohol.

i looked over at george with a warning glare, whispering, "how could you let him into our home? who knows what this guy's about!" i panicked as george laughed, "easy babe. he's harmless." he replied as i rolled my eyes a bit, "we don't even know his name!" i pointed out as george glanced at me, "does it matter?" "uhmm yes it does!"i replied, gazing over at the man.

he sat there staring at the wall while i clung onto my husband, "he needs to leave now." i rushed while george laughed a bit, "julia, would you relax? he's waiting for his ride." i scoffed a bit at my husband, while the man mentally took notes of every picture, inch, decoration that lit up our home.

a few minutes passed by, when the mystery man's ride pulled up. "he's here. thank you for your hospitality." he grinned as he stood up, grabbing his shoes. he didn't bother putting them back on as he slipped past george and i, "oh, by the way, what's your name?" i called out as the man stopped dead in his tracks, turning around slightly,

"it's adam, ma'am." he replied, opening up our front door, slipping out into the cold dark night.

"what the fuck was that?" i replied, locking our front door quickly. george stood there just as confused as i was, scratching his head a bit, "i don't know."

"are all the windows locked?" i panicked as george nodded, "yes i locked them before we watched tv. let's just get some sleep babe. i'm sure he didn't mean any harm." george reassured me with a soft smile.

"i hope not. next time listen to me please?" i reiterated as he nodded, giving me a quick kiss as the man watched us from through our blinds.

***
the next night george was out grocery shopping while i stayed back watching some tv when i heard some rustling outside. i paused my show as i looked over to my window. the blinds were drawn, so i couldn't see if anyone was outside or not. i brushed it off as i resumed my show when a soft knock came at the door. a bit freaked out by this, i immediately grabbed my phone texting my husband, babe, how far are you from home? i just heard a soft knock at the door and it sounds eeriely similar to the knock we heard last night! come home. i sent the text as i keep the tv paused.

suddenly another knock came at the door, this time sounding a bit more aggressive as my phone vibrated. i looked at it, seeing a message from my husband, i'm in the car now.. don't open the door. i'll come in through the backdoor. don't move i'll be there soon. he replied as i felt a bit better, i replied; ok honey see you soon.

after some time, george had made it home and came in through the backdoor. we had two ways to get into our house, the way everyone used and a secluded way, that was hidden by some bushes and trees. george placed the bags down as he rushed over to me, "anything else happen baby?" he asked as i rushed up to hug him,

"no thank God you're here. i think it's that creep from before." i whispered as george held me tightly. "it's ok baby he won't hurt you. i'm here." george kissed me sweetly as i melted into it, "i'm so scared."

"well call the police." he whispered as another loud knock came at the door, making me scream, i ran off to call the police. george went into the kitchen to grab a knife as a man's voice came from the other side of the door,

"i crashed my car and i need to a phone a friend, can i use your phone?" he repeated as i ran back into the living room, "i just called them baby. they'll be hear soon." i whispered as the man knocked and knocked again, "HERE PIGGY PIGGY ILL HUFF AND I'LL PUFF AND ILL BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT!" he laughed menacingly while i shook with fear.

"JUST LEAVE US ALONE!" george shouted as the man banged on our door louder by the painstakingly slow minutes.

after what seemed like light years, the police showed up. the man turned towards the police, charging towards them as one of them tased him. another officer knocked on george and my door as george opened it. after the police took our account and arrested adam, who's real name was kenneth, they pulled away, leaving george and i all shook up.

****
a few nights later we laid together cuddled up on the couch watching a movie, enjoying the quiet as not another stranger at the door came around.