not him mom

7 years already... i jotted down in my notebook. i couldn't believe it had been 7 years since my divorce from my husband, joshua. we shared one daughter together named elena, who was 17.

elena didn't want me to date. i mean, how could i blame her? i was exclusively hers and when i met him, things were bound to change. he had these midnight eyes, with dark hair. we had met at the laundromat two months ago and had been talking ever since.

his name was george. he used to be the lead guitarist for the beatles. these days he was a solo artist, but the odds of us meeting were really slim, i got lucky. i fell in love with him upon us meeting for the first time. we had been on many dates and now today, he was set to meet my daughter.

"alright elena, he'll be here in 15 minutes. be on your best behavior for me, deal?" i raised an eyebrow glancing at my lookalike daughter.

she gave me a short nod, running her hands over her flat stomach, nodding softly, "you got it mom. he must be boyfriend of the year!" she smirked, rolling her dark eyes.

"elena... would it kill you just to be nice?! he makes me happy! i'm sorry about your father. i'm sorry we didn't work out. i really tried to make it work with your dad. i really di-." i began before she cut me off,

"no you didn't. you let him cheat on you! with countless women mom! i saw the alcohol you would drink, the cigarettes you would smoke. mom, all i want is for you to be happy, but not with him. not with him." she replied, the tears falling.

joshua and my divorce deeply wounded our daughter. she knew about me moving on with george, but for some reason she wasn't accepting it. of course she wanted to see me happy, but if it meant without trying to mend things with her father, she wasn't going to have it.

elena briefly glanced up into my countenance before stepping closer to me, hugging me as our tears fell, "i'm sorry mom. i'll meet george for you. i'll give him a chance." she soothed.

in between sobs, i whispered, "that's all i'm asking for elena. that's all i want please?"

"anything for you ma." she replied kissing my temple. i smiled a bit before i heard a car locking.

"he's here." i smiled while she wiped her tears.

i did the same to myself as he knocked on the door. i opened the door to see george standing there with flowers, "hello m'lady! these are for you." he blushed, stepping in to kiss my lips gently.

i melted against his soft touch as i kissed him back, "mm hey. thank you." i wrinkled my nose, kissing him again.

"mmm." george hummed, nipping my bottom lip. my daughter cleared her throat with folded arms, causing george and i to separate laughing a bit at her.

"sorry." i blushed timidly.

"you must be elena? i've heard so much about you! you look identical to your mum. it's a pleasure to meet you." george smiled, sticking his hand out.

"i'm her. thank you by the way! it's nice to meet you too." she replied, shaking his hand. i watched cautiously before elena cleared her throat again,

"so you're banging my mother?" she spat out. my jaw dropped as george's face turned a beet red.

he stumbled over his words as i interjected, "u-uhm babe you don't have to answer that. elena jocelyn keller! that's none of your business!" i scolded.

"relax mom," she giggled, "i'm just busting the blokes balls." she winked.

"good one." george chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his head.

"thank you! thank you! i'll be appearing at the apollo all night." she laughed, walking out of the living room.

i chuckled looking over at my calendar, march 6, 1981. i got a bit distracted with looking at my calendar i didn't notice george snaking his arms around my waist. he lightly kissed along my nape, humming into me about how warm i was.

i could feel my hormones getting out of control but my daughter was present and george and my intimate time was going to have to wait. i felt his bulge resting against my derrière as his hands slid up my shirt. i groaned a bit, my head falling into the crook of his neck.

"i want to take you to bed." he lingered, kissing the side of my neck.

"b-but my daughter?" i replied softly.

"so? she won't care." he hummed.

"in a few." i replied. george pulled away grasping my ass. i let out a gasp, kissing him quickly.

he kissed me back when elena walked into the living room. she sat on the couch when george asked her a question, "so, elena, do you have a boyfriend?"

"no. all the boys at my school suck. they only care about themselves." she shrugged, looking at the floor.

"she used to have a crush on a boy named stephen. they even dated for a while." i giggled, nudging against george.

it was here elena's face turned a crimson red, "MOM! please that was a horrible mistake." she cringed.

"alright darling i'm sorry." i laughed, holding my hands up in defense.

george chuckled as the three of us continued to have a great conversation. by the end of the night, elena had garnered a lot more trust towards and for him. she really liked him for me and she even slipped in a few 'dads' by the end of the conversation, which made george very happy.

"well im off to bed! nice to meet you again dad and have an amazing night. i love you mom have a goodnight." she smiled, walking to her room.

"goodnight elena. it was a pleasure meeting you!" george gleamed.

"night dune bug. i love you so much." i giggled while george patted my thigh. i looked at him with a sly eye waiting until we heard my daughter's door close.

once it did, george leaned into me, our lips touching slightly. i gasped against it while he moved me to lay down on the couch. he worked his lips against mine a bit rougher, sliding his rough hands up my midriff.

he gripped my waist while i broke the kiss to gasp. he grinded into me, nibbling my earlobe. i moaned at the dry humping we were doing, but he knew i wasn't ready to take it to the next level just yet.

we looked into each other's eyes and it was at that moment i knew we were solely each other's and no one else mattered. i knew it was him for me and me for him. i smiled as i leaned up to kiss him as we fell asleep in that position.