Part II Section 15-No Happy Ending

June 25th 10:00 A.M 2026

Scrambling of shoes brushed against the Damp grass Ben Blake Bennett and Jimmy ran through the gloomy foggy woods, Jimmy's hand gripping tightly to his Draco, walkers from all Corners and directions, Standing side by side Blake using his Synth slicing off The walkers skull creating less noise then having to use a gun. They walked through the Damp Greenish Forest, water and mud spread out across the land. Ben, using his double-sided sword to wack down, Bushes that blocked them ahead of their path. WACK, CRACKLE, WACK, CRACKLE. The bushes continued to break in half as the group continued to walk. Ben swung his arm up and swung it back down, slashing the long leaves on the tree branch that survived. 3 walkers came closer and closer to Ben PFFT PFFT PFFT. Gunshots blasted off like a firecracker as the 3 walkers heads crushed to the impact of the powerful firery bullet. Laying their walker blood all over the leaves, Ben walked over to one of the walkers with his double-sided sword. He stabbed upward, jabbing the sword entirely through the walkers skull. Ripping the sword out from underneath its chin, the walker dropped onto the ground. From the side of Ben's arm, a huge burning sensation feeling struck as he turned his head, realizing he was being bit. The walkers teeth tighten onto his skin, ripping his flesh right off. Jimmy shot his Draco directly at the walkers' skull, killing it. "I'm f*****," Ben said, holding the bloody arm. "What should we do?" Jimmy said nervously. "The best thing right now is to just wait it out until it happens, I guess," Ben said. "Are you sure, boss?" Bennet replied. "Yes, besides, i took the cure," Ben answered confidently while laughing historically. "We are almost to the lab. Come on." Their feet scrambled through the forest as they approached the stone building. They all began walking inside. Ben's face is beginning to look Pale. Jimmy's foot entered the building as a huge chill ran down his spine. They all walked down the longish cold grey halls. Some places are colder than others. "I mean in here stops us from dying of heat out there." Blake said, A walker then bursts out the door. Jimmy turns around fast, digging his knife straight into the bottom of its chin. Then, ripping the knife out and dropping the walker flat onto the ground, old blood exited from the wound. "Come on, let's keep moving. Try to get deeper in here to find more supplies," Ben said. Voice began deepening. "Are you alright bro" Jimmy said, "here take this." Jimmy then handed him a cigarette, "Don't die on me, guy," Jimmy said. Ben looked up at him, "I wasn't planning on it" Ben said grabbing the cig pressing it to his lips, he pulled a lighter from his pocket, "stole this from one of the houses we broke into" Ben said enthusiastically. He lit the lighter, pressed the flame to the edge of the cigarette, and inhaled. He then inhaled the smoke into his lungs, "Oh, I needed that. It's been about 3 years since I got to smoke a nic like this," Ben said. They continued to walk until they got to a large room with a door. They all went inside and then began to close the metal door. Then they locked it. "We can hold out here for now until I guess, I die," Ben said. "Before I die, I wanted to make sure you guys got to safety, and I'm really sorry I can't do that," Ben said with a sad expression. "It's okay Ben, seriously we will all be okay, I promise," Jimmy said. "You guys gotta keep moving," Ben said, "We will," Bennett immediately replied. Jimmy then pressed his hands to Ben's forehead, "boss your starting to burn up" Jimmy said "I know I can feel that" Ben said his face began cracking to the temperature of his body. His teeth began hardening even more than they already were, and some began dis forming. Veins began to be more visible. "You don't look so good," Jimmy said. Though Ben did not answer back nor move, his breathing slowed. Then stopped... "I think he's dead," Jimmy said. Then, I stood up. Jimmy pulled out his knife, "NO" Ben's voice groaned. "What the F***," Bennett said nervously. "I don't know what is happening to me right now, But I can talk, I Can see, I feel really hungry right now for meat specifically, I am not okay nor know what is going on with my body I'm gonna try and stand up" Ben said as he then began to stand. "I can't feel my body," Ben said. Then, I looked at Jimmy, "bro, you look like you're a walker," Jimmy said, "I feel like I am a walker," Ben replied. "How am I not dead?" Ben said as he began walking towards the door, limping. He then pressed his hands up against it to keep balance. "This might honestly take some getting used to." Ben then grabbed ahold of the handle and began opening the door. "You guys ready?" Ben said. "Yeah, let's go." Ben began to run to try and keep his strength in his legs. Jimmy Blake Bennett followed behind.