Chapter 3 : Zhang Yueming

Morning | Imperial palace of Zhang

Zhang Yueming was taken to the imperial palace by the guards and Zhang emperor just show a disappointed expression.

Zhang Xin enter and was so worried for Zhang Yueming.

"King father, what's this? Mingzi, are you okay?" Zhang Xin added and immediately approach Zhang Yueming, "Your sister... Let Zhou Shiyu escape last night." Zhang emperor said and Zhang Xin was so shock to hear that.

She look at Yueming with a sudden disbelief and say, "Is that true?" She asked and Zhang Yueming nod calmly.

Zhang Xin look at the emperor and kneel, "King father... Yueming is still young, please don't punish my sister!" She beg and Zhang Yueming felt guilty about it.

"Your sister made a crime! She helped Zhou Shiyu ran away even she knew that she have a wedding!" The emperor shout and Zhang Xin don't know what to say to defend Yueming. "Now I'm giving her a punishment of thirty whippings!" He added a shout and Zhang Xin was so shock to hear that.

"King father, no! Zhang Yueming already know her mistakes!" Zhang Xin said and block Zhang Yueming.

"I won't forgive her if she don't bring Zhou Shiyu back!"

"I'm here now, King father!" Zhou Shiyu suddenly enter the scene, Zhang Yueming was so shock to see her, "Sister! Why did you came back?!" Yueming shout and was surprised to see her.

"Sorry Mingzi.. I cannot let king father punish you." Zhou Shiyu said and Zhang Yueming was frustrated to hear that.

Zhou Shiyu kneel in front of the emperor and say, "I'm willing to take any punishment from his majesty." She said with a serious expression.

"Sister! Don't do this! You should run!!" Zhang Yueming keep shouting and wanted to approach her but Zhang Xin are stopping her.

The emperor slowly approach Zhou Shiyu and slap her, Zhou Shiyu didn't say anything and just stay silent and calm.

"You're lucky because you have to marry the crown prince of Wang kingdom, and today he'll sit down in the throne." He said with an angry expression and Zhou Shiyu bow and say, "Yes, your majesty." Zhou Shiyu said and stop her tears.

The emperor walk away and the eunuchs bow at him.

Zhang Yueming suddenly faint and Zhang Xin even became worried, "Mingzi! Mingzi, wake up!" She keep patting her cheeks and seems panicking.

Zhou Shiyu approach and say, "What happened?!" She asked and Zhang Xin push her away, "Because of you, my sister risk her life." Zhang Xin said and seems so angry.

"Call a physician!" Zhang Xin shout and the other eunuchs immediately obey her, Zhou Shiyu think about it and she felt so guilty.

Imperial palace of Wang | Wang state

"Give respect to the crown prince!!" The eunuch announced and everyone bow at Wang Yi.

Wang Yi walk in front of them slowly and show a serious expression.

"Now the throne is mine... My plans is done, but I have a new problem." The words that running inside Wang Yi's head while approaching the throne.

Yuan Yiqi knew that something is bothering her but she can't do anything because Wang Yi have to sit down in the throne and she have to pay respect to it.

Wang Yi slowly sit down and everyone start to kneel and bow their head in the floor.

"Long live the new emperor!!" Everyone said and bow in front of her, "All rise." She said and everyone stand up.

"Congratulations to the new emperor of the Wang kingdom!"

Wang Yi continue to show a cold expression and say, "Now I am the emperor.. I want to change a few things in our rules." She said and everyone look at each other.

"Just say it if one of you disagree." She said and everyone seems frightened to her serious expression, "Nothing, your majesty." The prime ministers said and Wang Yi nod multiple times.

"Tomorrow is the wedding, and seems like I don't have anything to do to stop it." She said and everyone stayed silent.

Wang Yi show a frown expression and seems problematic about it.

(Back to Zhang kingdom)

"How's she?" Zhang Xin asked the physician and seems really worried, "Her highness Ming is already fine now, your highness. It's just that she was exhausted and didn't drink enough water." The physician explain and Zhang Xin sigh in relief.

"Thank you, you can now excuse yourself." Zhang Xin said and sit beside Zhang Yueming, she keep making herself calm.

Zhou Shiyu enter and say, "Can I talk to you, your highness?" She asked and Zhang Xin show a serious expression, "Outside." She said and Zhou Shiyu go out and stay calm.

Zhang Xin stand up and go out of the room.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asked and show a cold expression, "I just wanted to say that, I'm willing to marry him." She said and Zhang Xin show a serious expression.

"You should've think about that before moving impulsively..! You put Mingzi's life in danger!" She said and wanted to be angry but Zhang Xin are stopping herself.

"I'm really sorry, your highness. It won't happened again."

"Really? What if my sister died? Will you take responsibility?" Zhang Xin asked and Zhou Shiyu stay silent, she clearly knew to herself that she don't know what to say.

Zhang Xin nod and say, "Stop putting her life in danger... Because I don't know what I can do to take you down." She said and go back inside.

Zhou Shiyu is frustrated in the inside, but she felt that Zhang Xin is right. She shouldn't agree to Zhang Yueming's plan on leaving the kingdom and neglecting the order to marry Wang Yi.

---

Chapter 3 ends.