Chapter 8

Zhou Shiyu is walking in the market with maid Ji, and both of them wearing a men's clothes. They really look like men and some women caught their attention.

"Your highness, what if the emperor finds out?" Maid Ji asked and Zhou Shiyu think about it, "I'll just take the full responsibility of my actions." Zhou Shiyu said and maid Ji just nod at her.

Then suddenly, a man who is running suddenly bump at her, but the man keep on running and didn't even stop to apologize.

"Your highness, are you alright?" Maid Ji asked and Zhou Shiyu shook her head.

"Help me!! A thief!! A thief!!" A woman keep on shouting, Zhou Shiyu realize that the person who bump her is a thief.

Zhou Shiyu started to run and chase the thief.

"Your highness!!" Maid Ji shout and also chase her.

Zhou Shiyu grab his shoulder and try getting the bag in his grasp, but he suddenly show a knife and Zhou Shiyu was a bit surprised. "Try getting close! I'll stab you!" He said and Zhou Shiyu tremble a little.

Maid Ji get to her side and Zhou Shiyu immediately stop her, "Maid Ji, you should run now." Zhou Shiyu whisper but maid Ji shook her head.

And someone suddenly throw a rock on the man's head that cause him to faint, that person is Shen Mengyao who is wearing complete white and holding a brown fan.

"Arrest that man." Shen Mengyao order the policemen and they all say, "Yes, lady Yao!"

They arrest the man and take him away, Shen Mengyao slowly approach Zhou Shiyu and say, "Where are you going, young man?" She asked and Zhou Shiyu bow and say, "I was just having a walk, young lady." Zhou Shiyu politely reply back at her.

"What's your name?" Shen Mengyao asked and Zhou Shiyu don't know if she will give her name to her, "My name is Zhou Zhou." She said and Shen Mengyao nod in agreement, "My name is Shen Mengyao, you can call me Yaoyao." She said and Zhou Shiyu smile widely after hearing that.

"Thank you, but me and my servant need to leave."

"Wait.. I think you're new here, why don't you join me to drink?" Shen Mengyao offer and Zhou Shiyu look at maid Ji with a clueless expression.

(Back to Liu Qianqian)

Liu Qianqian open her eyes and felt her head seems aching, she sit down and say, "Water please!" She order and Zhang Yueming give her a water.

Liu Qianqian accept it and say, "Thank you." She said and drink the water, but she suddenly realize that she's not in her house.

She look at Zhang Yueming with a wide eyes and say, "Who are you?" She asked and Zhang Yueming show a faint smile, "My name is Zhang Yueming, but you can call me Mingzi." She said with a calm voice.

Liu Qianqian stand up but she suddenly lost balance and was about to fall in the ground, but Zhang Yueming catch her and both of them made eye contact. "Are you alright?" Zhang Yueming asked her.

Liu Qianqian nod multiple times and Yueming assist her to sit down in the bed, "It's not good for you to go home alone. I can take you to your house, if you want?" Zhang Yueming offer but Liu Qianqian shook her head.

"No need."

Liu Qianqian try calming herself and she notice that Zhang Yueming are looking at her, "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked and Zhang Yueming continue to smile.

"I never knew that a woman like you would disguise as a man." She said which make Liu Qianqian to be more shocked, "What did you do?!" She asked and angrily point at her.

"I didn't do anything." Zhang Yueming said and get her face close at her.

Liu Qianqian know to herself that she skipped a beat from Zhang Yueming's action so she look away and say, "My name is Liu Qianqian." She said and Zhang Yueming stand up properly.

"Nice to meet you, Liu Qianqian.. But if you don't mind, may I ask your age?" Zhang Yueming asked, "What for?" Liu Qianqian also asked her.

"Nothing.. I'm just worried that you may be older than me and I didn't call you sister as a respect." Zhang Yueming said with a shy expression and scratch to her nape. Liu Qianqian smile after seeing her in that kind of face.

"I am 27 years old.. How about you?"

"I am 23 years old, so I will call you sister Qianqian." Zhang Yueming said and Liu Qianqian smile widely because of her politeness towards her.

(Back to Wang Yi)

Pavilion

Wang Yi and Yuan Yiqi are drinking tea in the pavilion while Wang Yi keep looking from a far and seems thinking deep.

"Yi Yi, what are you thinking?" Yuan Yiqi asked and Wang Yi wake her senses and say, "I didn't knew that finding the red lotus would be this hard." She said and take a sip of her tea.

"I also didn't know... Finding the red lotus is hard." Yuan Yiqi said and show a cold expression.

"What if my mother dies?"

"Yi Yi, please stop saying that... You already had the throne and punish your father, you gave the justice I wanted for my father and you already did it... You're here now, and why would you give up?" Yuan Yiqi added and Wang Yi get to think about it.

"You're right... I won't give up... My mother didn't gave up on me." Wang Yi said with a serious expression and a cold voice.

"But I also have to find evidences to take Zhou Shiyu down." She said and take another sip of her tea.

"Are you sure? Lady Zhou seems kind." Yuan Yiqi said and Wang Yi shook her head, "In this world, you have to know people. Because if you don't, you'll always be in danger."

Yuan Yiqi nod in agreement and knew that the conversation she have to Wang Yi is getting serious so she didn't say anything and finish her tea.

---

Chapter 8 ends.