Chapter 4 : I disagree to marry her

Imperial palace of Wang

"Please give respect to the 2nd princess of Zhang kingdom!!" The eunuch announced and everyone bow, the door open and Zhou Shiyu enter.

When Yuan Yiqi saw her face, she was a bit surprised that it was really Zhou Shiyu of Zhang kingdom. The others was also shock to see her, Wang Yi turn around and coldly look at her.

Zhou Shiyu bow and say, "Greetings to emperor Yi." She said, "Rise." Wang Yi said with a cold voice.

"Thank you, your majesty." Zhou Shiyu said and stand up, she face Wang Yi and directly look at her eyes. Then they became silent for 10 seconds.

Yuan Yiqi clear her throat and say, "I know why 2nd princess of Zhang kingdom visit the emperor today... It's because of the wedding." Yuan Yiqi said just to break the silence.

"I won't marry her." Wang Yi suddenly said and everyone was so shock to hear that including Zhou Shiyu. "You all heard me... I won't marry her." Wang Yi repeat and everyone was stunned.

"But your majesty.. It is arranged by the two kingdom."

"I'll keep her.. But there's no wedding ceremony. I already agree on giving her a title as my wife, but I disagree to marry her." Wang Yi explain and Yuan Yiqi seems disappointed to hear that.

Zhou Shiyu bow and say, "I accept your decision, your majesty." She said with a calm voice and a calm expression, but Wang Yi continue to show her cold expression. "Maid Ji!" Wang Yi called a maid.

"Yes, your majesty?" The maid asked and bow at her, "Bring princess Shiyu in her room." Wang Yi said and Zhou Shiyu knew that Wang Yi really have a cold personality.

"Yes, your majesty. This way, princess." The maid calmly said and Zhou Shiyu nod in agreement and leave with her.

After they left, the imperial palace was filled with silent atmosphere. Yuan Yiqi was bothered about it so she say, "Everyone go out, I have something important to discuss to the emperor." She said and everyone bow at her, "Yes, prince Qi!" After that, they all leave the imperial palace and close the door.

Yuan Yiqi look at Wang Yi and say, "Are you sure about that?" She asked and Wang Yi sigh deeply and show a problematic expression, "I don't know... I also need to think how would I be able to save my mother." Wang Yi said and Yuan Yiqi can see that she's really stressed about those things.

"Yi Yi, why don't you visit your mother?" Yuan Yiqi asked and Wang Yi can't help but to cry in front of her, "That's the problem.. I can't even watch her like that." She said and Yuan Yiqi show a frown expression.

She approach her and embrace her, "Being an emperor is not easy, but being a child that see her mother in pain is not easy than being an emperor." Yuan Yiqi said and Wang Yi keep on crying.

"Brother Qiqi, how long do we have to do this?" She asked and Yuan Yiqi don't know what to say or what to answer in her question.

(Back to Zhou Shiyu)

Zhou Shiyu and maid Ji arrive at her room.

"Princess, do you need anything?" Maid Ji asked and Zhou Shiyu shook her head, then show a faint smile. "No.. You can now excuse yourself." She said and maid Ji bow at her.

The maid left her and Zhou Shiyu sit down in the bed and show a frown expression, making herself to calm down while feeling so lonely.

"I'll keep her.. But there's no wedding ceremony. I already agree on giving her a title as my wife, but I disagree to marry her." Zhou Shiyu can remember what Wang Yi said to her early in the imperial palace.

"Everyone is really that cold to me." She said and lie her head down in the bed and seems wanted to cry.

"Sorry, Mingzi.. I put your life in danger." She said and didn't get to stop herself to cry.

1 day later

The news about the marriage was spread to the city and everyone seems disagree about it.

"How can the emperor marry a traitor?"

"I heard that she's too good at hiding her crimes?"

"What will happen to us now?"

"I think we can't do anything about it."

The other words was also sent to the mansion of the Shen family.

"I heard that the emperor just gave her a title as a wife, but didn't continue the marriage." Servant (1) said and continue to wash the clothes, "I also heard that.. I don't even know why the two kingdoms arrange a marriage for them?" Servant (2) said.

"Do you know that gossiping is a crime?" A voice of a woman came and the servants stand up and bow at her, "We're sorry for our behavior, lady Yao." They apologize and she just nod multiple times.

"I'll give you second chance but if I heard you talk about the emperor again... You'll be send to jail." She said and they nod multiple times.

Her name is Shen Mengyao, the daughter of the general Shen and the only young miss of the Shen family.

She is a smart girl and sometimes strict, but she is kind hearted. She really doesn't like hearing some gossips.

That's why she go to the room of her father and say, "Father, the whole mansion keep talking about the same thing!" She said and seems annoyed about it.

"Yaoyao, just take it easy.. You cannot warn everyone so take it easy." He said and calmly drink his tea, but Shen Mengyao shook her head and say, "I'll go to prince Qi. I have to ask him." She said and was about to leave but her father say, "Really? Or you just missed him?"

Shen Mengyao blush deeply after hearing that, she look at her father and say, "Father, stop teasing me!" She said and her father just chuckles at her.

Shen Mengyao close the door and leave the mansion.

---

Chapter 4 ends