Chapter 20

Zhang kingdom

Zhang Yueming arrive at the imperial palace and she bow in front of emperor Zhang, "Greetings to king father." She said with a cold expression and a cold voice.

Zhang Xin is just calm and did not dare to make and word.

Emperor Zhang stand up in his throne and slowly approach Zhang Yueming, he hold her face and Zhang Yueming could only show a little frightened while clenching her hand tightly.

"You didn't do anything to help her escape, right?" He calmly asked, "Yes, king father." Zhang Yueming reply and lower her glare.

Zhang emperor smile widely and say, "I'm proud." He said and laugh loud like a crazy person, he walk back and sit back in the throne and say, "Well, you're tired. Go back to your room and rest." He said and keep smiling.

Zhang Yueming bow and say, "Thank you, king father." She said and walk away in the imperial palace, but after she left, emperor Zhang show a serious expression and glare at Zhang Xin.

"Xin... Go and talk to your sister!" He said in a serious voice and Zhang Xin coldly nod and follow Zhang Yueming.

But instead of returning to her room, Zhang Yueming go to the Ming pavilion and breath deeply from the fresh air. Zhang Xin approach her and say, "What did you do?" She calmly asked and Zhang Yueming just show a faint smile.

"Don't ever know it... Nothing also happen." Zhang Yue Ming said and Zhang Xin show a sudden disbelief, "How am I supposed to believe that? You tried to escape with her!" She show an angry expression but Zhang Yue Ming look at her and smile.

"Nothing happened like that... Emperor Yi will be angry once I escape with his wife." She said and look away from Zhang Xin's sudden cold glare to her.

"Princess Xin!!" A voice of a woman suddenly arrive and Zhang Xin and Zhang Yueming turn around and saw that it was Xuyang Yuzhuo, the young general of Zhang kingdom.

Xuyang Yuzhuo run towards Zhang Xin and embrace her tight, Zhang Yueming just smile widely and say, "Nice to see you again, general Xuyang." She said and Yuzhuo also embrace Zhang Yueming.

"Thanks!" She said.

Zhang Xin show a worried expression and hug Xuyang Yuzhuo tight and say, "I'm so worried about you! I thought something happened from the war." She said and sigh in relief, Xuyang Yuzhuo smile widely after hearing that.

"Nothing happened... Father take my place because I fell ill." She said and Zhang Xin was even more shock to hear that.

"Why you didn't tell me?!"

"Well, it doesn't concern you anymore!"

"But I'm still worried!" Zhang Xin said and Xuyang Yuzhuo can see that she's really worried for her. "Look, I'm fine now! So stop worrying." She said and gently pat her cheeks.

Zhang Yueming chuckles and say, "I'm glad you're okay now." She said and Xuyang Yuzhuo smile widely after hearing that.

(Back to Wang Yi)

Wang Yi sat beside her mother while reading the diary of the red lotus.

"A red lotus poison is very rare and hard to find... If a pregnant woman drank this poison, she will not die. Because the poison will be pass to the child in her womb." Wang Yi was so serious about reading it.

Then her mother suddenly hold her hand and slowly open her eyes, Wang Yi was so shock and panicked after she see her waking up.

"Mother!" Wang Yi was anxious and close the book in distress, then tightly hold her mother's hand, "Yi Yi." She mumbled and Wang Yi can't help her tears to fall down in her eyes.

"Mother!" She added and keep on holding tight to her hands.

"Sorry! I can't protect you anymore!" Her mother groan and Wang Yi shook her head multiple times and say, "No! The person who killed my brother is already been punished!" She said and keep on crying.

"Sorry for making your life miserable..!"

"No! You're not! I'm happy because you saved me!" Wang Yi said and her mom smile and cried at the same time, "Stop saving me... I won't make it." She said and by hearing those words makes Wang Yi to cry so much.

Her eyes is all red due from crying, she knew to herself that she can't accept it. Her mother became her savior since she was just a child.

The one who taught her to be strong and to fight like a real boy.

And the one who loved her so much.

"Mother! I won't give up! I'll find a way to save you!" She said and keep on crying, her mother slowly close her eyes. Wang Yi realize that she fell on a coma again and by that makes her cry so much from the pain she had.

But she didn't know that Zhou Shiyu is watching her from the outside, she just take a peek from a half close door.

She can't take it, she don't want Wang Yi to keep on crying. But she also doesn't want to expose herself of being the red lotus, Zhou Shiyu is afraid that once Wang Yi knew about it, she'll use her for evil deeds and she don't like that to happen.

But her conscience is attacking her. And Zhou Shiyu can't do anything but to walk away from the place.

"I'm really a useless! Sorry Wang Yi! I am such a coward!" The words she whisper to herself while showing a serious expression and tears are falling in her eyes.

She can't take it. But she need to face the consequences once she expose herself.

---

Chapter 20 ends.