Chapter 38

Emperor's chamber

Zhang Yueming and Liu Qianqian arrive and both of them are panicking.

Zhang Yueming saw how pale is Zhou Shiyu while being asleep in the bed and Wang Yi is beside her, she approach Zhou Shiyu and check her pulse.

"How can she be this weak?" Zhang Yueming asked her and Wang Yi say, "I already told her to stay in her chamber but she still chose to talk to me." She calmly explain and Zhang Yueming knew Zhou Shiyu's personality sometimes.

"Sister Zhou is really like that. She won't stop until she never say thank you to someone who helped her." Zhang Yueming explain and get the clean lamp in the basin with water when she saw it.

"Why is she thanking me? She's the one who helped me and I should be the one to thank her."

"Sister Zhou always forgot that.. She thought that she need to always thanked the people who help her and forgot that she's really the one who helped them." Zhang Yueming explain while wiping Zhou Shiyu's face.

Wang Yi look at Zhou Shiyu's face and felt like she's a bit amazed to her personality, Liu Qianqian approach and open Zhou Shiyu's mouth and let her swallow a black pill.

"What is that?" Wang Yi asked.

"It's a medicine that will calm her fever for the meantime and I suggest that her highness Zhou should stop thinking more things that may cause fatigue to her." Liu Qianqian explain and Wang Yi understood it.

"Princess Ming and sister Liu. Please go out for a while." Wang Yi calmly ordered and Liu Qianqian bow at her but Zhang Yueming is surprised.

"Your majesty, I want to take care of her."

"I know, but your sister won't accept it if something also happens to you."

"No! I can always take care of myself." Zhang Yueming refuse but Wang Yi sigh deeply, "The day your sister saved me and my mother, I know that she won't just sit and won't do anything. Princess Ming, she's using her blood as a cure to help people." Wang Yi explain and Zhang Yueming think that she has a point.

She look at the pale face of Zhou Shiyu and then just kiss her forehead, "Sister, I'll be back." She said and then bow in front of Wang Yi and left with Liu Qianqian.

Wang Yi sigh deeply and look at Zhou Shiyu.

She touch the cold face and say, "You made me worried." She said and hold her cold hand.

And night

Zhou Shiyu open her eyes and saw that it wasn't her room, she notice Wang Yi is asleep beside her while embracing her and seeing her asleep beside her gives a little bit peace of mind to Zhou Shiyu.

"Hay.. Why is it so comforting to keep her majesty like this?" She asked herself and then touch her face.

Wang Yi open her eyes and look at Zhou Shiyu.

"Sister? What's wrong? Is something hurt?" Wang Yi asked and Zhou Shiyu shook her head, "I'm fine, your majesty. Please stop worrying about me." She said and then Wang Yi sigh deeply about it.

"Next time, don't force yourself. Everyone is worrying too much about you." Wang Yi said.

Hearing that words make Zhou Shiyu frown at the moment, "I'm sorry, your majesty." She said and Wang Yi continue to embrace her.

"Your body is shivering, are you cold?" Wang Yi asked and Zhou Shiyu nod, "But it's fine—"

"No it's not!! But the food will be here sooner so don't worry." Zhou Shiyu knew that she's just worried that's why she's keeping that face.

"Your majesty, why are you being so kind to me?" Zhou Shiyu suddenly asked, "Because you're a good person. You saved me and my mother." Wang Yi answered and hearing that makes Zhou Shiyu to cry in her arms.

"Sister Zhou, what's wrong?" Wang Yi asked again, "Nothing. I felt like I don't deserve it? Don't you believe others?" Zhou Shiyu added and Wang Yi knew that people used to treat her like that.

"No.. The day I saw your kind side, I know that I was wrong." Wang Yi said and then wipe her tears, "I'm sorry for hurting and scarring you before... I just did that because I thought you're the enemy here." Wang Yi added and Zhou Shiyu frowns again.

"I know it, everyone think of me that way." Zhou Shiyu said and suddenly felt so cold that Wang Yi felt her whole body began to shivers, "Are you okay?" Wang Yi asked.

"Its so cold. I'll be fine later." Zhou Shiyu said and Wang Yi knew that her body temperature is not normal due to her unhealed wound.

Wang Yi hug her and then calm her down, "Shh, it will be okay. I'll be here for you." Wang Yi said and then Zhou Shiyu close her eyes and try to calm herself.

"Your majesty!"

"Sister Zhou, please call me Yi Yi." Wang Yi said and Zhou Shiyu look at her worriedly, "It will be too rude—"

"Just do as I say." Wang Yi suddenly became serious and Zhou Shiyu just nod and focus on herself, Wang Yi did not let go of her shivering body and cover her by the rough blanket they had from the bed.

But Wang Yi can smell her sweet scent again that attracts her attention to it, it distracting her but Wang Yi is keeping her focus on calming her body.

"How can she be this fragrant?" Wang Yi asked and wanted to sniff more of her, so she lean closer and her nose gently hit Zhou Shiyu's ear.

Zhou Shiyu suddenly blush from it.

"Why I felt like this? Her majesty's breath that hit my ear felt so gentle and warm, it gives me a weird thing." The words that ran inside Zhou Shiyu's head while feeling that she wanted to touch her face.

But Zhou Shiyu was in reluctant since Wang Yi is still the emperor and she is just a princess that was only be given the title as her wife but not married to her.

"Sister Zhou, look at me." Wang Yi said and Zhou Shiyu open her eyes and was surprised by the sudden eye contact that Wang Yi gave.

---

Chapter 38 ends.

Little Author's note: