Chapter 18

Zhang Yueming notice that the servants are panicking outside the room so she rush and saw Wang Yi... Strangling Zhou Shiyu's neck.

She run to Wang Yi and pull her away.

Zhou Shiyu breathe deeply after Wang Yi let go of her neck, "Sister, are you okay?" Zhang Yueming asked and Zhou Shiyu nod multiple times.

"What is wrong with you?!" Zhang Yueming shout at Wang Yi and Zhou Shiyu immediately make her calm down.

Wang Yi wake up in her senses and was so shock to realize what she did, Zhou Shiyu look at her and say, "I know you're angry your majesty... But how did you know about the red lotus?" Zhou Shiyu asked while trying her best to catch her breathe.

Wang Yi sigh and say, "You told me about it.. You knew about it..." Wang Yi said and stop her tears to fall down, then she suddenly kneel in front of her and say, "Please tell me where I can find it? My mother is dying and the red lotus person is my only hope to save her." She said and stop her tears to fall.

But tears started to fall down in Wang Yi's eyes and Wang Yi can't do anything about it, she just continue to show a serious expression.

Zhou Shiyu sigh deeply and say, "I know you wanted to save her but what I said about the red lotus is not true... I don't know anything about it." Zhou Shiyu lie to her and Wang Yi nod multiple times and stand up.

She wipe the tears in her face and continue to show a serious expression, "Fine.. That's all I need." She said and suddenly left the room.

Yuan Yiqi follow Wang Yi while Liu Qianqian immediately check her neck if she's alright.

Wang Yi arrive at the Emperor's chamber and she immediately throw the papers and scrolls in her desk, she yell in anger and cry so loud.

Yuan Yiqi enter her room and embrace her behind her back and say, "Stop! Stop!" She shout and make her calm down.

Wang Yi calm down but she still crying, "I don't know how to save my mother! I'm so useless!!" She said and keep on crying.

"Please don't lose your hope! I'm here, we'll find that person, okay?!" Yuan Yiqi said and keep calming her, Wang Yi shook her head many times and cover her ears.

"My brother died and now my mother is dying!!! I'm so useless!" She shout but Yuan Yiqi keep calming her.

(Back to Zhou Shiyu)

Zhou Shiyu felt guilty about what she said to Wang Yi.

Liu Qianqian bow and say, "Nothing happened to you princess Zhou. Only bruises." She said and Zhou Shiyu nod at her and smile.

"Thank you, physician Liu." She said and Liu Qianqian bow again and leave the room.

Zhang Yueming sigh deeply, "Mingzi, do you think what I did is right?" Zhou Shiyu asked and seems worried about it, Zhang Yueming hold her face and say, "It's right.. You did what you need to do, and that is to protect yourself from any harm or evil deeds by others." She said and Zhou Shiyu can't even acknowledge what she said.

"But her mother is dying." She said and Zhang Yueming was surprised to hear that, "You saw what she did to you?! She wanted to kill you!" She said and Zhou Shiyu hold her hand.

"Mingzi, please let me help her." She said and Zhang Yueming was left with no choice.

"What? You're hurting yourself? No! I'm not letting you do it!" She said and shook her head multiple times.

Zhou Shiyu felt frustrated about her decision, but she made up her mind and say, "No! I won't sit here and just wait for his mother to die... I'll think of a plan." She said and Zhang Yueming just stay silent.

She clearly knew that she can't change her mind anymore.

"Fine! Just promise me that you won't hurt yourself too much?"

Zhou Shiyu nod multiple times and smile widely after hearing that, then Zhang Yueming suddenly embrace her and say, "I really hate it when you do this." She said and Zhou Shiyu don't know how to react.

She suddenly remember what she saw last night and Wang Yi warned her about it.

"Okay." She said and Zhang Yueming suddenly look at her and give her a bottle pill. "Take this... I don't know if I still be able to protect you... I'm going back in the Zhang kingdom." She said and Zhou Shiyu show a frown expression.

"Please be safe." She said.

"But I don't want to leave you! Maybe I can persuade father for me to stay here?!" She said and Zhou Shiyu totally disagree about it, "No! He will think that you're helping me too much and I'm afraid that you'll be punish... Just trust me and I'll be fine." Zhou Shiyu said and Zhang Yueming's mind cannot be at ease.

"Okay... Just write me letters so I can still communicate with you?" She said and Zhou Shiyu nod multiple and embrace her tight.

"I'll do a way to come back." She said and Zhou Shiyu stop her tears to fall.

---

Chapter 18 ends.