Chapter 40 : Yuan Yiqi's birthday

A few days later

Zhou Shiyu recover and Wang Yi was happy about it, she was relieved that Zhou Shiyu can finally move without groaning or feeling any pain from the wound.

And the celebration of Yuan Yiqi was continued.

It was simple as Yuan Yiqi planned it, servants and other eunuchs and guards are only invited. No other rich people or any government officials, except Wang Yi, Zhou Shiyu, Liu Qianqian and Zhang Yueming.

Then Shen Mengyao arrive and give Yuan Yiqi the gift and smile at her, "Happy birthday, prince Qi." She said and Yuan Yiqi was happy to hear that.

The party became happy and more servants have fun, then Wang Yi approach Yuan Yiqi and say, "Brother Qi, are you sure that you're going to visit aunt Yang?" Wang Yi asked and seems worried for her.

"Brother Yi, trust me. I'll be fine." She said and Wang Yi show a faint smile, but she is really worried for her.

Then a servant approach and bow, "Your majesty, crown princess Xin of Zhang kingdom is here." She said and Yuan Yiqi was surprised.

"She's here?"

"Call princess Ming and princess Zhou to greet crown princess Xin." Wang Yi ordered and the servant bow and leave them.

"Well, I wasn't expecting it." Yuan Yiqi chuckles and Wang Yi became more serious, "We knew why she's here." Wang Yi uttered and Yuan Yiqi know it.

It was because of Zhou Shiyu and Zhang Yueming.

"Well, I hope that princess Xin won't do anything." Yuan Yiqi said and Wang Yi sighs, "I hope so." She said and approach princess Xin.

Zhang Xin bow at Wang Yi and say, "Greetings to his majesty." She said, "Please rise, princess Xin." Wang Yi said and Zhang Xin obey her.

"I'm glad that princess Xin came safe." Wang Yi said and Zhang Xin smile widely.

Then Zhang Yueming and Zhou Shiyu saw Zhang Xin.

Zhang Yueming ran to Zhang Xin but not Zhou Shiyu.

"Sister! I miss you!!" Zhang Yueming said and Zhang Xin was also happy to see Zhang Yueming. "I miss you too, Mingzi." She said and saw Zhou Shiyu.

"Sister Zicai—"

"Mingzi, are you okay here?" Zhang Xin suddenly ask Zhang Yueming and Wang Yi knew that it was her way to ignore Zhou Shiyu.

But seeing Zhou Shiyu frowns, softened Wang Yi's heart. She felt like Zhou Shiyu is always sad because of the treatment that people gave her, so she secretly held her hand and say, "Sister Zhou, why don't we sit down for a while and rest?" She said and Zhou Shiyu nod and agree with her.

Wang Yi and Zhou Shiyu walk away and Zhang Xin just watched them.

"Sister, how long will you keep ignoring sister Zhou Zhou?" Zhang Yueming asked and Zhang Xin don't what to say.

She coldly ignore the question and look away, then Xuyang Yuzhuo came and say, "Your highness, your room is settled." She said and Zhang Xin thanked her.

Yuan Yiqi was about to leave but Shen Mengyao stop her and say, "Prince Qi, where are you going?" Shen Mengyao asked and Yuan Yiqi smile, "I'm going to visit my mom." She said and Shen Mengyao frowns.

"Well, won't you let your birthday celebration be finish before you go?"

"My mom is waiting for me, don't worry sister Yao. I'll be back this evening." She said and Shen Mengyao force herself to smile, then she embrace Yuan Yiqi and say, "Please come back safe. I have something to tell you." She said and Yuan Yiqi nod.

"I'll be back... I'll be back and we'll talk later." Yuan Yiqi said.

And then Yuan Yiqi walk away, but Shen Mengyao suddenly frowns. She really doesn't want her to go but she can't do anything since Yuan Yiqi will visit her mother.

Everyone knows that her mother live in a lonely manor and far away from the palace, and it takes an hours to get there.

She doesn't want to miss Yuan Yiqi so she just go back to the celebration for her not to feel so lonely of the situation.

Zhou Shiyu saw Shen Mengyao from afar, drinking wine again.

"Yi Yi, Yaoyao is drinking wine again." Zhou Shiyu said and Wang Yi sigh deeply, "She's really like that, I can't even stop her." She said and Zhou Shiyu show a normal expression.

Then Liu Qianqian approach them, Zhou Shiyu was a bit startled but Wang Yi is just relax and normal.

"This is princess Zhou's medicine, your majesty." Liu Qianqian said and give the bowl of medicine to Wang Yi, "Thanks, sister Qianqian." Wang Yi said and Liu Qianqian bow.

"Physician Liu, please call me Zhou Zhou." Zhou Shiyu said and Liu Qianqian was surprised to hear that, "Your highness, that would be inappropriate." She said and Zhou Shiyu shook her head, "It's really okay."

"Besides, no one cares about what they call me at all so please call me Zhou Shiyu." Zhou Shiyu added and Wang Yi sigh deeply.

"In this kingdom, no one will dare to bully you. Okay?" Wang Yi said and Zhou Shiyu get to show a faint smile, "It's okay, I'm used to it." She said.

"Princess Zhou—"

"Sister Qianqian, please call me Zhou Zhou. Trust me, I really don't mind." Zhou Shiyu insist and Liu Qianqian look at Wang Yi with reluctance in her eyes.

But when Wang Yi nod at her, Liu Qianqian was left with no choice but to say it.

"Zhou Zhou... Trust us, no one will bully you." She said and Zhou Shiyu smile widely.

Wang Yi felt like she skipped a beat, seeing her happy makes her smile without her noticing it.

"Sister Zhou, please drink this medicine. So you can completely recover." Wang Yi said and Zhou Shiyu nod and accept the medicine.

Then Zhou Shiyu drank it all and return the bowl to Wang Yi.

"Thank you." Zhou Shiyu uttered and Wang Yi give the bowl to Liu Qianqian.

---

Chapter 40 ends

Sorry to the slow updates. Your author is really busy.