Chapter 48

Zhou Shiyu kept on crying, Shen Mengyao, Zhang Yueming and Liu Qianqian are comforting her. But she can't just stop crying.

"Sister..."

"Mingzi, please! Let me go after Wang Yi! I'm afraid our father would do something to him!" She said, begging Zhang Yueming to follow Wang Yi. "Zhou Zhou, I'm also worried. Prince Qi is also there but we can't do anything.. Wang Yi gave his order, he wants us to stay here." Shen Mengyao explained and Zhou Shiyu kept on crying.

"Zhou Zhou, I'll just cook you something to eat. Since your body isn't recovering yet, I need to cook some medicine for you." Liu Qianqian uttered, "Don't worry, I'll guard Zhou Shiyu. You both can cook the food and the medicine." Shen Mengyao said and stay beside Zhou Shiyu.

Liu Qianqian and Zhang Yueming smiled and nod, they both leave the royal chamber.

"Zhou Zhou, I'm really worried about them..." Shen Mengyao show a frown, then Zhou Shiyu hold her hand and say, "We can do something to help them." Zhou Shiyu show a serious expression.

"The emperor himself won't let us go in that dangerous place... And Wang Yi locked the gates in this kingdom, even in the borders. He ordered that no one can leave, nor enter the kingdom." Shen Mengyao explained and look so frustrated.

"I can help you both." A familiar voice suddenly came and Shen Mengyao immediately pull her sword and point it to the person that just entered the royal chamber without permission.

"Fei Qinyuan.. Who gave you the permission to get in here?" Shen Mengyao seems serious, but Zhou Shiyu gently calm her and put the sword down.

"Talk."

"Your highness... I know a secret way, I can help you escape the border guards and I can bring you to your destination." She said, and Zhou Shiyu was surprised, "Really??"

Shen Mengyao stopped her, "Zhou Zhou, you're not recovering yet. It will be better if I'm the one who go." She said, but Zhou Shiyu shook her head, unwilling to do what Shen Mengyao said.

"Lady Yuan, please help me!"

"No!" Shen Mengyao disagreed.

Zhou Shiyu looked at Shen Mengyao in disbelief and suddenly show a frown.

"I'll go with you... You can't leave if I won't go with you." She said, and Zhou Shiyu smile and both of them follow Fei Qinyuan out.

***

In the Zhang kingdom

The palace was so quiet, Zhang Xin felt something isn't right in the place. Wang Yi can hear the guards footsteps, she can see the shadows that hides everywhere in the palace. Same for Yuan Yiqi, she notice everything.

"Your majesty... We should go back now!" Zhang Xin said, but suddenly the gate of the palace closed and all the guards with swords and arrow form a circle in them.

Zhang Xin, Xuyang Yuzhuo, Yuan Yiqi and Wang Yi, they immediately pulled their swords and stick with each other.

"Wang Yi! My son. What a pleasant view." A familiar voice suddenly appeared, Wang Yi take a good look and saw that it was her father.

"Yi Yi, it's your father." Yuan Yiqi whispered, "I can clearly see it, brother." She said with a cold expression and a serious gaze.

"Crown princess, you better leave, I'll take care of everything after I give the signal." Xuyang Yuzhuo said, "I won't just leave you here, Yuzhuo." Zhang Xin replied but Xuyang Yuzhuo shook her head.

"It is my duty to protect you, crown princess. No one can hurt you if I'm still alive." Yuzhuo.

"Who said that you need to protect me? I should be the one protecting you, Yuzhuo..."

"Are you all done?!! Talking and whispering some nonsense conversations???" Emperor Zhang shout at them, Wang Yi saw a bowman that seems having a trouble holding the bow properly. And Wang Yi knew that its losing its grip in the arrow, so Wang Yi took out a chess pawn in her pocket and secretly throw it to the bowman.

After that, the bowman accidentally let go of the arrow.

Then suddenly bunch of guards and general Lin Shuqing, young warlord from the Wang kingdom suddenly arrived and get a backup.

"Do you really think that an emperor like me will come here empty handed? Of course not, It'll be rude for you, emperor Zhang." Wang Yi said, and show a serious gaze in her father, "And also to you, father."

Her father seems so angry, but then he calm down and smiled.

"Oh really?? Then what should you do then if I get a hold of your wives???" He suddenly laugh devilishly, Wang Yi and Yuan Yiqi was so shock to hear that.

Fei Qinyuan suddenly come out, Yuan Yiqi and Wang Yi was so shocked, seeing Zhou Shiyu and Shen Mengyao in the hands of the enemy.

"Zhou Zhou!!" Wang Yi shout but Yuan Yiqi stopped her.

Wang Yi's father continue laughing, then he suddenly pull Zhou Shiyu and sniff her. Wang Yi felt so angry and anxious at the same time, she got her hands trembling and Yuan Yiqi notice that through the sword.

"Wang Yi, I'm sorry!!" Zhou Shiyu said, Wang Yi sigh deeply and seriously looked at her father, "What do you want?" She asked.

"Kneel." He said, and Yuan Yiqi was so shock to hear that.

Wang Yi didn't hesitate and kneel in front of them, Zhou Shiyu and Shen Mengyao was so shocked.

Yuan Yiqi also knelt, and also Zhang Xin and Yuzhuo.

"Now what??!" Wang Yi asked.

"Fight me." He said.

***

Back to Zhang Yueming and Liu Qianqian

They saw the room is empty, and Zhang Yueming is worrying too much, "Sister, let's find them!"

Liu Qianqian don't know what to say....

Then a maid enter and bow, "Lord Ming, we saw lady Yuan with princess Zhou and lady Shen.. They used the royal chamber and left." She said, and Zhang Yueming was so shock to hear that.

"I had a bad feeling about this."

"Fei Qinyuan...." Liu Qianqian sigh, "we need to hurry up! Zhang Yueming, take me to the Zhang palace! How many hours will it take for us to get there?!" Liu Qianqian asked, then packed the things she can use to help them.

"It will take 4 hours."

"My lord, if you use the secret shortcut to the Zhang kingdom, you'll get there in 30 minutes." She said, and both of them is getting more suspicious to the maid.

"Who are you?" Liu Qianqian asked.

"My name is Nong Yanping... General Lin Shuqing's secret lover, please my lord, my lover is in that battle and I'm so afraid to lose her now that she's not recovering from the poison yet." She said, they knew how worried she is.

"You can come with us." Zhang Yueming said, Nong Yanping smiled widely and bow, "Thank you, my lords!!" She said and they both nod and immediately left the palace.

---

Chapter 48 ends