10. Hate Song

Marshall's P.O.V.

"Kim, I really ain't in the mood for this shit today. Either let me speak to my daughter, or hang up this damn phone!"

"Oh, you're not in a mood, Marshall? That's great. Neither am I. All I want you to do is stop bullshiting me and answer the fucking question. Who is that little slut I've seen you with in the papers?!"

Oh fuck. That's just fucking great.

I don't know how, but lately, there's been a lot of pictures of Melody and I in the tabloids. It ain't a surprise that Kim has seen them. I shouldn't say I don't know how. It's pretty obvious how. Fucking paps following me around.

What I mean is, it's insane to me that they are even that damn fucking stuck on me in the first place. Everything I do now ends up in the fucking gossip columns. It wasn't that long ago when the world didn't even know who I was and didn't nobody care neither.

I mean, shit, that night I first met Melody, ain't nobody cared. I invited her to my fucking after party, and ain't a goddamn soul cared. Only a few days later, and all of a sudden, I can't take a shit without everybody knowing about it and talking about it.

So, I guess it really ain't that damn shocking that the fucking magazines are now running all these stories about Eminem being spotted with a girl coming in and out of his shows and hotel rooms. I tried to tell Melody to be more discreet, and she really did try to, can't say that she didn't. But at the end of the day, it ain't matter, cause they still got all these pictures of her.

I think her damn fucking slutty ass friends have been talking to the press too. That's how they know all these little details about her, like her being an aspiring model and all. Imma be honest, when I first read that in some magazine, I damn near took that girl's head off. I got all paranoid, thinking this girl is the one talking to all them damn paparazzi, trying to use my name to boost her own career. But at the end of the day, Melody really ain't like that, and I know she's not. Her fucking friends, on the other hand, I won't trust them two hoes as far as I could throw, and I won't throw them far at all. I know they've been selling info to the press.

But there ain't much I can do about that now, other than tell Melody to stop running her mouth to them two, and she has. That's why the paps only have like very general information about her and the nature of our "relationship". But that's more than enough for fucking Kim to keep trying to jump down my throat every time she calls.

"Are you fucking that bitch, Marshall?!"

"And what if I am, Kim?" I calmly ask. I could lie to her, and tell her Melody is one of my stage hands or something. But right now, I am just so sick of Kim and all his shit that I honestly kind of want to throw it in her face a little bit. Even know it ain't exactly smart. "It's not like you are a fucking Saint. Let's not forget, you started fucking around on me first."

"Fuck you, Marshall. I ain't never cheated on you!"

"Sure, you haven't. Deny it to the end, right, Kim. But we both know how you do. You were fucking around on me since we was teens. Not to mention, that i literally caught your ass with like two different dudes on two different occasions right before left for tour."

"Oh, and you haven't ever cheat on me during those times? You are so fucking perfect, Marshall. Marshall is so fucking perfect. He can do no wrong!"

"Shut up, bitch. No, I ain't perfect. But at least I can admit to my mistakes. You never could. You always lie. That's all you do is lie."

"You lie too!!"

"Look, can I talk to Hallie or nah? Cause I'm about to hang up this fucking phone if I can't. Ain't nothing else to say between me and you."

I fully expect for her to be a bitch one again, but she actually says: