78. Blackmail

Merry Christmas everybody!! I doubt that anybody even has time for reading anything on here today, it being a holiday and all, but if you do decide to stop by, then here's my gift to ya'll lol. I'm posting not one, not two, but three new chapters for this story today. Mainly because I have no idea when I'm going to post next tbh

Melody's P.O.V.

Thankfully, it didn't take long for Marshall to be get out on bail. But he still has to go to this absolutely fucking bogus court hearing, because my father is pressing charges against him at all, claiming that Marshall beat him up so badly that he is now unable to led normal life. Which makes no sense, as Marshall and I both know that he has only hit him twice and maybe roughed him up a bit. But Robert is, from what I've heard, walking around with a brace around his neck, claiming all kinds of injuries.

In the meantime, Paul Rosenberg has somehow managed to keep the whole thing out of press, which is a good thing, the last thing we all need is for Marshall to be involved in this bullshit controversy, all because my dad is thirsty for some money.

God, I hate this man so much!!

"Marshall, I'm so sorry," I say to my man once he walks in through the doors of my mother's house where I stayed waiting for him. I throw my arms around his neck.

"Fuck you apologizing for, baby?" Marshall gives me a shirt kiss as he puts his arms around my waist. "I don't fucking blame you for this shit, Mel. And you don't got to worry about a thing anyway, my lawyer will take care of this in no time."

"Yeah, but I still feel like..."

"It's not your fault, Mel. I told you that. So stop, aight?"

"Okay," I nod.

"Where's Lyric?"

"Sleeping. You wanna come up to her bedroom and see her?"

"Nah, imma let her sleep. I'll see her tomorrow morning. How's your moms, she getting out of the hospital soon?"

"Should be in a couple of days."

"That's great, baby. Well, looks like imma be stuck here in New York for the next couple of weeks. For that court hearing."

There's not going to be a court hearing if I can do anything at all about it, I think to myself, but say nothing.

I manage to fix Marshall some dinner (I finally learned how to cook, yay me, I guess), and then we go to bed, where we end-up watching some movie together until we fall asleep.

The next morning Marshall tells me he's going to this studio his label had here in New York to work on something special. Apparently, he got asked to do a feature on that up-and-coming rapper Drake's new song Forever, along with Lil Wayne and Kanye West, and it's a pretty big fucking deal, as it's basically going to be like Marshall's reintroduction to the public before his own new album Relapse finally drops in a couple of months. Then he's got interviews to do too for both MTV and BET, so things are just like normal for him, despite of that damn court hearing pending over his head.

"Yo, you wanna come to the studio with me?" Marshall suddenly asks me.

"Um, no baby, I actually have to do something today," I reply avoiding eye contact with him, "But why won't you take Lyric with you. She's always wanted to come see you at work. And I might still stop by later."

"Aight," Marshall is way too preoccupied right now with trying to gather all of his notepads and other stuff he needs to take to the studio with him to notice that I'm acting kind of weird.