51. Kids

Marshall's P.O.V.

7 months later

"I fucking hate you, Marshall!! YOU DID THIS TO ME!!" Melody screams at the top of her lungs as she is being wheeled into the emergency room to give birth.

I'm literally grabbing at my hair, and I don't know what to do.

I was originally supposed to be in the delivery room with her, but now I'm being told I can't be there any longer, as the whole situation just got complicated.

Apparently, the baby has decided to emerge feet first, even though that was never any indications of it happening this way before. But of course it being my child, it just had to come into this world all ass backwards, I guess.

So now, the whole procedure is different, and Mel might need emergency surgery.

So, I ain't even mad at her for screaming at me like that.

She did almost crush my hand when she was squeezing it earlier though, in the way to the private hospital, in the EMT car. I ain't never know this girl could possess this much strength in her, but evidently, she does.

Now, I have to just stand here helpless and wait for the outcome.

And I can't lie, I'm fucking nervous as shit.

Melody's contraptions started completely unexpectedly and out of the blue sky while we were eating breakfast together.

I rushed her to the hospital, and here we are now.

I pace the halls, hiding my face out of habit, even though in this place, I really don't need to. Nothing but celebrities attends here, so won't nobody here even care about who Mel and I are.

The reporters outside do care though.

I don't even know how they got wind of the whole situation, but all of a sudden, a whole bunch of them are camping out like the vultures they are.

I ain't thinking too much about them right now though.

All I care about is Mel giving birth to a healthy baby, and her not suffering too much through this. I don't want her to be in pain.

I know that she is though, that's why she screamed like that at me. But hopefully, the doctors can give her something for it.

Speaking of which.

I feel like shit right now for doing this, but I go to the bathroom and pop some pills real quick to settle my nerves.

I know I told Melody before that I would stop with that shit, but truth he told, it ain't that fucking easy.

I don't take nearly as many pills a day as I used to take before, but I still do take them in secret, whenever she isn't looking.

I hate lying to her, and I wish that I ain't have to, but since she wanted to be all stubborn about the issue, what other choice did I have?

I need them pills right now, and Melody is just too stubborn to understand that.

So yeah, I do go behind her back sometimes and take them.

"Mr. Mathers?" A female voice reaches me while I emerge from the bathroom.

"Yeah?" I say a little hostile like.

"It's over. Your fiance gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby girl," the doctor says, and I feel just a tad bit confused by her statement.

"A girl?" I ask. "We were told before that we were having a boy?"