84. Mommy Issues

Melody's P.O.V.

Marshall and I are just coming back home from our last therapy session. At this point, we had both decided that we've had enough of it already because those session had done everything they could for us.

Don't get me wrong, we still have plenty of shit to work on, but at this point we both feel like we could just handle it ourselves.

Now, I actually feel kind of embarrassed that I ever felt we needed it in the first place, because just like Marshall said, all I really needed was to just talk to him and be straight with him about all of the insecurities I was still having about our relationship. But the thing is, it's like I wasn't even aware that I still had all these trust issues with him until that whole Rihanna thing happened.

It's like, deep down inside I knew that he wouldn't do me dirty again, but at the same time a small part of me was scared to believe in it fully.

But I have to realize that, at the end of the day, he has changed a lot since then, in a lot of ways, he's almost like a completely different person, even if he is still the same old Marshall.

Now, on our last session, the good doctor gave us permission to start having sex again also (like we really need her go ahead for that, lady please) as she now feels like we have finally learned to communicate with our words and not just try to fuck our problems away. Not that we still wouldn't fuck them away just because, common now, it's us.

But, just to tease Marshall, I told him we still are not having sex at all, until we finally get married in two weeks. He gave me that look that said we'll see about that, and I know he thinks he's gonna break me, but I promise you, he is not. I'm sticking to my guns this time, dammit!!

I also have some pretty big news to tell him, but I can't decide whether or not I'll drop that bomb on him now, or after the wedding. I also kind of feel nervous telling him, even though I'm pretty sure he'll be happy about it.

Just as I'm silently debating the issue in my head, I'm suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when I hear Marshall curse under his breath, and simultaneously, his whole body gets tense next to me, as he is pulling the steering wheel, bringing the car closer to the huge gates that are leading up to his property.

"Fuck is she doing here?" Marshall mutters with slight hostility in his voice as his eyebrows knit together in a disapproving frown.

I follow his gaze and see that, right before the gates leading up to his house, there stands parked an unfamiliar white SUV, and two of the bodyguards from Marshall's security team are standing next to it, seeming to have an argument with a driver, a small, sickly looking woman with a long face and a long mane of thick blonde hair.

It doesn't take me long to recognize who this person is, even though I've never actually met her. I've seen her being interviewed on TV and in magazines though, just enough to know that she is Marshall's mother.

"I am telling you ma'am, I apologize, but I cannot let you in without Mr. Mathers permission," one of the security guards says to her, and the woman sighs pitifully.

"Well, isn't he at home then?"

"Sorry ma'am, but not as of right now."

"But there must be something you can do! Call him, let him know his mother is here and I really need to talk to him!" Debbie Nelson exclaims, and she really does sound desperate.

"I am very sorry, ma'am, but no, there isn't anything I can do for you at this moment."

I turn my head towards Marshall slightly and watch his face completely drain of emotion, as one of his hands grips the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles whiten, while his other arm, the one he just has lazily draped over the back of my seat, now slumps at his side.