55. Love The Way You Lie

Melody's P.O.V.

I sit in the car in front of the studio building and tap the steering wheel with my fingers nervously.

I'm still not sure I should be doing this. If Marshall really isn't doing anything he's not supposed to be doing in there, he might get mad at me for barging in on him like this.

Then again, I need to fucking know.

But then again, has it really come to this?!

Have I really turned into a crazy jealous girlfriend that feels the need to sneak up on her man to find out if he's cheating on her?!

Apparently, I have.

I had left the kids with Betty and drove straight here.

I get out of the car and make my way inside the building. I take the elevator to the top floor. I've been here a couple of times before, so I know exactly where to go.

The receptionist doesn't stop me, because they all know me. I just hope they don't call Marshall up and alert him that I'm coming though, just in case he IS doing something.

I really hope he's not though. Please, please don't let him be doing anything!!

I take a deep breath, and walk right inside.

I see Marshall in the booth with headphones on, talking to Dre.

Proof and the rest of D12 are all here too, some have girls sitting on their laps entertaining them, some are writing in notepads.

None of them notices me, so I kind of just stand to the side.

The beat to the song starts playing, and Marshall raps over the beat.

Dre bobs his head to it, and it honestly just looks like a normal day at the studio, and I start to feel so ashamed of myself.

I literally came out here trying to catch him doing something, and the whole time, he is just working.

Sure, there are girls here, but he doesn't seem to even be paying them any attention.

I continue to stand by the door though, and eventually, Marshall's eyes land on me. I can see them widen slightly, but he finishes his verse on the song, then takes off the headphones.

He walks out of the booth.

"Mel, what you doing here?" He asks me, and I feel so damn stupid for even being here in the first place that I kind of get on the defensive.

"Can't I come see my man at work?"

I see him kind of smirk smugly to himself and he goes to wrap his arms around me as he brings me close.

"What, Marshall?!" I snap.

"You called me your man again," he says, and I remember that we are supposed to be on break right now. We are supposed to be "roommates".

"Well I..."

Marshall pulls away from me slightly and looks back at Dre.

"Yo Dre! Imma take a break for a few minutes, dawg. My lady is here."

"Aight cool man," Dre says barely looking at us.

"Wassup Mel," some of the guys say, noticing me.

Marshall then takes my hand and pulls me to the side. We sit on one of the couches.

"So, you really came out here to see of I'm doing something?" He says knowingly, and I damn near blank out. Guess I'm that obvious, huh.

I feel dumb all over again, and I bend my head.