85. Finally

Melody's P.O.V.

Today was the big day, and Marshall and I finally got married.

Yep, just like that, plain and simple.

I would tell y'all about our private ceremony that took place at his house, with only our closest friends and family involved, but the key word here is that it was private.

A beautiful moment that we like to keep just between us.

I'll tell y'all honestly though, I was a big ball of nerves that day, and Marshall was too.

Who even knows why.

We both know that we love each other, and we have been living together for a very long time now, just like a married couple anyway.

And yet, it was still kind of scary to finally take that step.

Okay, I'll tell you one thing.

Marshall's so-called wedding vow, I swear, that boy is a damn fool, but I love him.

Can you believe he got on there, in front of the priest, and he said something along the lines of:

"Yo, I don't really know how to go about this, to be honest. I ain't never had to write no wedding vows before, even though I... well, nevermind. This time the shit is better be for real, cause I'm finally marrying a girl I'm meant to be with for the rest of my life. So yeah, I'm not good with words, well I am, but you get what I'm trying to say here? Melody, I love you to death, baby, and I honestly don't know why you've put up with me for all these years, but I'm so happy you stuck around. No getting away from me now though, cause once we are married, I ain't letting your ass go ever. So you better buckle up, girl."

Now tell me, why this fool sounded like he was threatening me or something.

And why I kind of thought it was hot.

Now, I might've said some messed-up shit back to him too, as my wedding vow.

Something like:

"Well, Marshall, you ain't getting away from me neither."

So, we are both some messed-up individuals, so what.

Once our little wedding reception is over, and Marshall and I get in the car to drive us to the airport, because we are going to Hawaii for a couple of weeks, just like any regular old married couple would, it all feels so surreal to me.

I just can't believe it finally happened, and we finally did it!!

The whole time we are on the plane, this fool keeps asking me if I wanna become a member of a mile high club, and I just roll my eyes at him.

Can't really blame him, I suppose, because I had actually stuck to my guns about us not having sex again until after we got married, so I know he must be horny as hell right now. It's not exactly usual for us to withhold from it, after all.

Finally, we get to our destination.

This really fancy looking hotel in Hawaii.

"Marshall!!" I shriek when he suddenly picks me up and lifts me up in his arms on our way to the bedroom in there. "The hell are you doing?!"

"Well, ain't I supposed to carry your ass over the doorstep or something?" He asks me.

You should know, your ass has been married twice before, I think sarcastically, but of course, I don't say that to him.

Marshall kicks down the bedroom door with his foot, and he carries me inside, fumbling for the light switch in the room.

Only to very unceremoniously throw me on the bed.