59. Don't Kiss & Tell

Melody's P.O.V.

Lyric is currently with Marshall, so today Tessa and I are both flying out to New York.

I've missed being here, I've missed this crazy city of mine, and it's about time I paid a visit here.

I'm going to stay with my mom while I'm here, but tonight, Tessa and I are hitting one of the clubs for a party. I haven't gone clubbing or partying in ages, so I guess it would be good for me to unwind.

We make our way into the V.I.P. section immediately and go straight to the bar.

I take a couple of shots to the head and start feeling nice.

There are guys here buying us drinks as well, and that feels kind of nice too, to have all this male attention on me. It does boost my self-esteem a little bit to feel like so many dudes are attracted to me, after having been thrown away like I was nothing.

I don't want anything with anybody though, I just wanna use motherfuckers for buying me drinks for the rest of the night.

"Girl, Usher is staring at you," Tessa suddenly whispers in my ear as we sit by the bar.

This being V.I.P. and all, there are all kinds of celebrities here, mostly rappers and r'n'b singers, some I'm familiar with, some not so much. Apparently a lot of them are having come to New York for the night after some awards show on BET or something.

I take a lock of my curly hair and attempt to tuck it behind my ear, trying to discreetly look in the direction Tessa is pointing with her eyes, and my girl is right Usher is staring at me.

I roll my eyes.

"Not my type, girl. I'm done with cheaters."

"Suit yourself," Tessa giggles, and she orders us another round of shots.

We continue to laugh with each other and talk shit, then Tessa leaves me to go to the bathroom. I was gonna join her like girls usually do, but I ended-up staying at the bar, because I was feeling kind of lazy to get up.

Big fucking mistake.

"Wassup shawty," I hear a familiar voice behind me, and I turn around, and I immediately find myself frozen in place and paralyzed by fear.

Never knew that this guy could have this effect on me, but considering what he's done to me in the past, I could never look at Nelly the same.

"What the fuck do you want, Cornell?" I ask as aggressively as I could, trying to hide the fact that he actually scares the fuck out of me.

He smirks and moves closer to me, and I suddenly feel cornered and like it's just me and him in this whole room full of people and like he would do whatever the hell he wanted to me now and nobody would stop him.

Well, Marshall could stop him, but Marshall isn't here, nor does he give a fuck about me anymore. He never has actually.

"You look good," Cornell says and then frowns at my discomfort. "Relax, fuck are you looking at me like that for, girl? I ain't gonna bite you."

"Fuck you, Cornell," I say, still trying to hide the fact that his presence is actually making me feel very nervous. The damn flashbacks come back of that fucked-up ass day when he had his homeboys...

Don't think about it, Mel!!

"Damn," Nelly chuckles as he winks at me. "Still as feisty as ever I see. Imma be real with you, Mel, that's one of the things that always attracted me to you. You always had that lil attitude about you, even though you and I both know, baby girl, you are soft as fuck."