42. Tell Me

Melody's P.O.V.

My eyes slowly flutter open as I take in my surroundings.

It's a very familiar hotel room, and I immediately get a sense of deja vu. Every time Marshall ever came to New York, he has always stayed in this same hotel, in this same room, and I'm now remembering spending days with him here back when we first met years ago.

And here we are back here again now.

Marshall is sleeping soundlessly right next to me, with his mouth slightly open. One of his arms still draped protectively around my waist.

I can't help but to feel so safe with him.

Just yesterday, I was just as scared of him as I am now of any other man, but I don't know, last night changed it somehow. Nothing much happened really, but I just felt so at peace with him.

I suddenly feel so bad for how I've been treating him lately. I have been taking out my anger and frustration with what happened to me out on him. And I was so wrong to do that, because what did Marshall had to do with anything? Wasn't he who tried to have his whole gang of friends rape me, and it wasn't his fault it happened to me. But I just... I don't know, I just couldn't stop.

And Marshall was honestly like a damn Saint these past few weeks, putting up with so much shit from me, like I honestly don't understand why didn't he just say fuck this bitch and just washed his hands off of me?

Now I'm looking at him, and all I want to do is to make it up to him.

Plus, I kind of missed him. In more ways than one.

I take my hand and run it down the side of his face slightly, as I absent-mindedly concentrate on all of the light freckles he's got all over his face that I love so much.

He doesn't wake-up. He seems to be pretty much gone to the world.

"Marshall," I say in his ear, slowly shifting my postion as I climb on top of him.

He stirs slightly and grumbles.

"What is it, baby?"

I can tell that all he really wants to do is just sleep at this point, but I have other plans.

I start rubbing my hands up and down his chest, then lean in and start kissing his neck softy, and that wakes him right up.

"What are you doing, Melody?" He asks, eyes flying wide open.

"Really, Marshall. My full name?" I ask, lifting up his t-shirt and kissing all over his chest, making my way down. "I can't even remember the last time you've called me that."

I can feel his heartbeat speed up in his chest as I press my palm flat against it.

"Baby," Marshall suddenly says, wrapping his fingers around my wrist. "You don't have to do this, you know."

"What?" I blink, as I lift myself up from him, suddenly feeling discouraged. "Do you not want to?" I ask, feeling suddenly insecure.

I watch him frown, and squint his eyes sleepily at me.

"Don't ask me no dumb question like that, yo," he says angrily. "Of course I fucking want you! But," his expression softens somewhat, "I don't wanna pressure you, Mel, and I damn sure don't wanna force you. I know that something's been... up with you lately."

I sigh and start kissing his neck again, and his voice breaks. I kiss behind his ear and tug lightly on his earlobe with my teeth, making him release a very low groan.

I make my way up to his mouth, simultaneously finding his hands and placing them on my waist.

"It's okay, baby boy," I say against his lips. "I know that you wouldn't hurt me. Just go slow, okay?"