82. Trust

Marshall's P.O.V.

Mel is stubborn as fuck yo, I swear to God!

As we make our way back to the hotel room I'm staying at here in LA, she continues to give the cold shoulder.

I could swore we've worked shit out earlier, or I had fucked all of her doubts out of her earlier, but apparently, she still doesn't trust me.

She's gotten it into her head now that something is going on with me and Rihanna, which is fucking ridiculous.

I mean, the damn girl is way too young for me, for one thing. She's literally closer in age to Hailie than she is to me, so no way in hell she's even looking at me in that way.

Not to mention that, even if she was, it wouldn't fucking matter to me.

A few years ago it would, maybe. But now it's like, I've been there done that. I've fucked all kinds of bitches over the years, all kinds of groupies, models, singers, actresses, you name it.

And you know what I've learned?

Aight, it's gonna sound corny as fuck to some, but I've realized over the years that...

Uh fuck it, let me not even attempt to sound all deep and shit.

I ain't really learn a goddamn thing from it all.

But the bottom line is, I love Melody. I love my girl, and I ain't to make the same mistake again that I have before in the past. I ain't about to cheat on her.

"Mel, would you fucking stop with this shit?" I sigh as we lay in the bed together, her back turned to me.

"Marshall, leave me alone," she grumbles. See what I'm saying? Fucking stubborn as hell. Always has been. But I would be lying if I told y'all it ain't one of the things that kind of turns me on about her.

Shit, what don't turn me on about her actually?

See what I'm saying? And the damn bitch continues to doubt me.

"Baby, please," I plead with her, and all of a sudden, that's all that it takes apparently.

"Oh hell, Marshall, you done wore me down!" She exclaims and turns towards me, and goes to lay her head on my chest as I wrap my arms tightly around her.

This girl's mood swings, I swear!

"Mel, I wouldn't fucking do that to you again, you know," I whisper, kissing the top of her head.

"Marshall, let's not talk about it," she cuts me off.

"I think we need to, though," I stress to her. "I get why you don't trust me sometimes, but I really wish we could get passed that."

"It's not easy though, baby boy. I mean, I thought I trusted you before. But now it's like, I don't know! I keep thinking you would break my heart again."

"Mel, I wouldn't ask you to marry me again if I..."

"You've asked me to marry you before, though, Marshall!!" She exclaims, and I feel wetness on my skin from her tears, and it tears me up inside. "And then you still cheated on me, and you chose drugs over me, then you chose Kim over me! And I thought I was past that, but now it's like... I don't know! I'm scared, Marshall. I'm scared that things wouldn't end well with us again. I mean, when has it ever?! And I love you so much," she starts crying again, and it fucks me up inside so much.

"Nothing's gonna happen with us, baby," I say, wishing I could take all these doubts and pain away from her, but I can't. How can I when I fucking caused so much of it in the past.